Haitians will take over Dominican SW province ‘soon’

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
In part because they have become experts at taking a mess and making it a bigger mess. The Haitian government has over 200 years under their belt doing just that. You can't teach new tricks to an old dog sort of thing.

Man, you couldn't be more wrong. Under Trujillo, the DR trailed Haiti in Per Capita Income by a large margin. I think it was 4-1 ratio. It was under papa doc and baby doc Duvalier that the Haitian government and people faltered which also was during the 50's.

Haiti also lent assistance to other nations like the French Congo during the 60's. (That one didn't work out to well because it most likely resulted in the HIV infection that set off the pandemic in the Americas Europe, and Austria of the dominant subtype B strain.)

Before that time, Haiti routinely invaded and kicked the Dominicans around and looked down on their poor backward neighbors. Times have obviously changed.

And, please, do some research before replying with a snappy reply. :)

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Why you got a problem with the truth? The truth is Haiti is a failed state that the UN has made little progress in straightening out. Haitians breed faster than rabbits , even when they are starving. Noticed the same thing in Ethiopia when I was there in 1986 for famine relief. People seem to produce more kids when they have nothing. Pretty well every Haitian girl/woman living in the DR that isn't pregnant soon will be. They will out breed the Dominicans and take over by sheer numbers. The DR government needs to control this influx.

Bob, you sound like a major league bigot. All third world inhabitants have high birth rate. Its a result of no access to contraception and cultural norms of big families. My cousin in the DR has 10 kids and no job! The SOB won't stop having kids even after I cursed him out. However, you failed to mentioned the mortality rate of the countries. Yes, they breed a lot, but the survival rate is half of developed countries. Haitians are not going to take over the Perdenales region because the breed more, but because they are used to a hard life without prospects or jobs. Dominicans are abandoning ship in droves. Yet your reasoning is because they breed like rabbits, BTW: both the countries you mentioned are predominantly black. Racist much?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Bob, you sound like a major league bigot. All third world inhabitants have high birth rate. Its a result of no access to contraception and cultural norms of big families. My cousin in the DR has 10 kids and no job! The SOB won't stop having kids even after I cursed him out. However, you failed to mentioned the mortality rate of the countries. Yes, they breed a lot, but the survival rate is half of developed countries. Haitians are not going to take over the Perdenales region because the breed more, but because they are used to a hard life without prospects or jobs. Dominicans are abandoning ship in droves. Yet your reasoning is because they breed like rabbits, BTW: both the countries you mentioned are predominantly black. Racist much?

Welcome to DR1, where it is chic to compare black people to animals :rolleyes:

Now, wait, you are going to get the usual but all my wife cousins son's neighbor brothers are married to every single country on earth :cheeky:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

They produce more Children than Dominicans, even with the child mortality rate, which of course is different for Haitians born in the DR than Haitians born in Haiti.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Now, wait, you are going to get the usual but all my wife cousins son's neighbor brothers are married to every single country on earth :cheeky:

It is an analogy, nothing more, but then you know that. Rabbits are cute and soft.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Do you folks think that the Haitian populace enjoys what's going on in their country? Instead of constantly throwing money at a a situation, why not teach them, re-educate them on their socio-political system which seems to not be functioning. It's simple isn't it? But then, who wants simplicity. Chaos rules. The constant back-and-forth of trying to compare a failed state with a failing/slash up and coming state just doesn't cut it. It's easy to look down when your dinner plate is full until you no longer have anything to eat.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv

Uhm. . . yeah. . .right because nobody has ever used the same exact phrase for white people? What does race have to do with breeding like rabbits?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Uhm. . . yeah. . .right because nobody has ever used the same exact phrase for white people? What does race have to do with breeding like rabbits?

If you do find it on this site, link it, I may have overlooked them. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your help.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
If the Dominicans can't make it economically in the SW why does anybody think the Haitians can? This doesn't make sense.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Deja-vu

Humans are animals or did you fail your biology classes. Are you disputing the facts or...............

Okay Bob, no need to brag about your biology skills :cheeky:

In any case, I don't see any mention on the article of the Haitian birth rate versus Dominican which would explain the take over the province. Although I have no doubt that it is higher (confirmed by your pertinent observation of Haitian women bellies), I think this article is voluntarily alarmist for valid reasons, but contains no proof on your cute rabbit theory.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

In any case, I don't see any mention on the article of the Haitian birth rate versus Dominican which would explain the take over the province. Although I have no doubt that it is higher (confirmed by your pertinent observation of Haitian women bellies), I think this article is voluntarily alarmist for valid reasons, but contains no proof on your cute rabbit theory.

Actually no. A current part of Haiti used to be part of the DR. The Haitians peacefully invaded until they vastly outnumbered the Dominican and they managed to grab a good sized chunk of real estate. The fear is real.

Salcedo

Apr 17, 2016
Man, you couldn't be more wrong. Under Trujillo, the DR trailed Haiti in Per Capita Income by a large margin. I think it was 4-1 ratio. It was under papa doc and baby doc Duvalier that the Haitian government and people faltered which also was during the 50's.

Haiti also lent assistance to other nations like the French Congo during the 60's. (That one didn't work out to well because it most likely resulted in the HIV infection that set off the pandemic in the Americas Europe, and Austria of the dominant subtype B strain.)

Before that time, Haiti routinely invaded and kicked the Dominicans around and looked down on their poor backward neighbors.
Where are your sources for this claim? From what I've read DR and Haiti where about even until the 1950s when our economy started to surpass theirs. I don't think there was ever a point in history where the average Haitian could look down on us for being backwards compared to them, and definitely not during the Trujillo era. The Parsley Massacre happened in 1930s in the early years of Trujillo's regime, and the Haitian goverment was practically crying to the US government for compensation from DR. If they where so powerful during this time they would have done something about these killings instead of whining to the international community like a bunch of cowards. I'm not just talking about military interventions either, they could have placed some sanctions if they really had the economic advantage, but they didn't. Again, the DR was never "backwards" compared to Haiti. Less populated, yes, but definitely not less developed; not even when their side was the "pearl of the antilles" under the French, since Haiti was entirely an exploitation colony with little infrastructure and architectural development, just compare Haiti's colonial sites to the ones in DR.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Actually no. A current part of Haiti used to be part of the DR. The Haitians peacefully invaded until they vastly outnumbered the Dominican and they managed to grab a good sized chunk of real estate. The fear is real.

Yeah, it's called the Central Plateau (Guaba valley for us), which amounts to 6,000kms2 of what used to be most fertile ground in the island for the rising of cattle, now a wasteland. And the Haitians grudgingly settled for taking just that because the Yanks forced both sides to sit down and agree to a final border before the Marines evacuated the island for good in 34'. If it would have been up to them Haitians, the line would have taken nothing less than half the island, with Duarte's peak and the lakes included on their side.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Thomas Jefferson was right.

As JFK famously said at a dinner in 1962 honoring Nobel Prize winners that it was "....the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

Jefferson was certainly no saint.

So your point re: Jefferson is exactly.....what?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
As JFK famously said at a dinner in 1962 honoring Nobel Prize winners that it was "....the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

Jefferson was certainly no saint.

So your point re: Jefferson is exactly.....what?

I would like to respond further, but I don't want to get flagged for encroaching upon US politics, albeit from a biographical or historical perspective. Rules are rules.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/SP.DYN.CBRT.IN/compare?country=do#country=do:ht

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I would like to respond further, but I don't want to get flagged for encroaching upon US politics, albeit from a biographical or historical perspective. Rules are rules.

Let me do it for you and put it in the bluntest way: He was right, from his point of view as a planter, to keep Haitian Jacobinism contained on the island, unless the movement got to spread to the continent and started a massive slave revolt from Buenos Aires to the Ohio river. Even though under John Adams, Toussaint gave assurances that he would stop the revolution from spreading further, those assurances were void as far as Dessalines was concerned, specially after the latter ordered the genocide of the remaining the French colonists that managed to survive the years of revolt and civil war. That latter act must have loomed large in Jefferson's and his fellow Virginians' mind when they decided to officially blockade the island, even though he himself was a fan of Jacobinism in France. It's very easy to cheer when the axe is falling on other people's necks, but not when this one threatens to fall on your very own.