Haiti's Prime Minister Resigns

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
For the record, the DR doesn’t have a ‘French’ metro. If anything it’s Spanish. The stations for the most part look like the ones in Madrid’s metro and the trains as the same exact ones in Barcelona’s metro. Plus authorities from the Metro de Madrid offered plenty of technical help and supervised the construction of Santo Domingo’s Metro.

The trains were buit in France (I think), but...

To me the one here strikes me as being more similar in layout to the one of Toulouse than the one in Barça.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Serious question: how can Haiti be fixed and elevated to developping nation status? Or even elevated to Third World status?

What is the fundamental, underlying flaw of Haiti?

They can't run a country. I don't think they'll ever advance beyond what they are now. It is what it is.

The only thing the world can do is to help them stop reproducing. It will prevent a lot of future suffering.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
A very good idea in theory, but how would you suggest they do that?

That would be possible to do it in Dominican hospitals, what would be very good if goverment here do that, ok you want to use our services for free, ok. this include you can not have more babes and cut inside, problem solved. not coming back.

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
Reading you guys post have made me sick, it is one thing to say I don't have an answer to what's going on over there and another to suggest hospitals in DR should start mutilating the pregnant women coming in for service. Everyone agrees there is a systemic problem in Haiti going back decades and to date they are still unable to resolve. there problems can be blame on dictatorship or greedy politicians and I'm sure a slew of other reason. One can also say that they carry a black mark due to the fact that they are the first black independent nation of Latin America and the Caribbean. Here in the states we are furious about Russian meddling in our elections and as an american I hate the idea that my vote may have been tempered with at the same time we know that America meddles in Haiti's politics and elections. america has chosen every Haitian president since baby doc. a quick look at Wikipedia would give you a bit of an insight of Europe and america's role in putting Haiti in the situation it's in today.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Some people do not need Wikpedia's modern interpretation of world history to enlighten us to realities that are not new. Revisionist history aimed towards millennials with attention deficit disorder is at the forefront of most of our current global troubles.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Reading you guys post have made me sick, it is one thing to say I don't have an answer to what's going on over there and another to suggest hospitals in DR should start mutilating the pregnant women coming in for service. Everyone agrees there is a systemic problem in Haiti going back decades and to date they are still unable to resolve. there problems can be blame on dictatorship or greedy politicians and I'm sure a slew of other reason. One can also say that they carry a black mark due to the fact that they are the first black independent nation of Latin America and the Caribbean. Here in the states we are furious about Russian meddling in our elections and as an american I hate the idea that my vote may have been tempered with at the same time we know that America meddles in Haiti's politics and elections. america has chosen every Haitian president since baby doc. a quick look at Wikipedia would give you a bit of an insight of Europe and america's role in putting Haiti in the situation it's in today.

1.- America is a whole continent so when you referes to America include from Chile all way up to Canada. As you must be talking about United States of America what do you do when a visitor with visa or Irregular visitor has a babe there? If im not wrong you give them a bill to pay.
2.- Do you have any solution?

Last edited:

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
Some people do not need Wikpedia's modern interpretation of world history to enlighten us to realities that are not new. Revisionist history aimed towards millennials with attention deficit disorder is at the forefront of most of our current global troubles.

With all due respect knowing history gives one an insight of the root cause. I do agree with the "millennial's with attention deficit disorder" statement I'm just saying one can't solely judge a book by it's cover as the saying goes.

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
1.- America is a whole continent so when you referes to America include from Chile all way up to Canada. As you must be talking about United States of America what do you do when a visitor with visa or Irregular visitor has a babe there? If im not wrong you give them a bill to pay.
2.- Do you have any solution?

1. "Latin America and the Caribbean" referring to being the first black independent nation in yes Latin America.
2 "america has chosen every Haitian president since baby doc" Most people would understand I was talking about the United States of America.
don't need a geography lesson I'm very much aware of what the Americas represent.
3. I don't pretend to have an answer to that question, this is the same question being discuss here in the states. illegal migration is not a new problem and is a problem a lot of countries is working on solutions for. but the original statement was Haiti's population has balloon therefore we need to mutilate the pregnant women coming in for service. I think that is immoral and uncalled for.
Let me say, Dominican republic is a sovereign state and have the right to enforce it's laws and border's. as mater of fact I would support DR building a 30 foot wall if it so choose. I just disagree with the suggestion posted on here.
Thanks.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
1. "Latin America and the Caribbean" referring to being the first black independent nation in yes Latin America.
2 "america has chosen every Haitian president since baby doc" Most people would understand I was talking about the United States of America.
don't need a geography lesson I'm very much aware of what the Americas represent.
3. I don't pretend to have an answer to that question, this is the same question being discuss here in the states. illegal migration is not a new problem and is a problem a lot of countries is working on solutions for. but the original statement was Haiti's population has balloon therefore we need to mutilate the pregnant women coming in for service. I think that is immoral and uncalled for.
Let me say, Dominican republic is a sovereign state and have the right to enforce it's laws and border's. as mater of fact I would support DR building a 30 foot wall if it so choose. I just disagree with the suggestion posted on here.
Thanks.

Well if some body can not have supplies for themself i think is more inmoral to bring one, tow, three and four babes to make harder they lifes so that is an option and more when you dont know who has paid for your services.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
With all due respect knowing history gives one an insight of the root cause. I do agree with the "millennial's with attention deficit disorder" statement I'm just saying one can't solely judge a book by it's cover as the saying goes.

A respectful conversation indeed. I concur that knowing history gives one an insight of the root cause, but I am highly skeptical of the versions of history that Wikipedia provides to it's readership. It is these modern interpretations that are nothing more than privately financed rubbish, which are all too often filled with errors. The sad part is that an entire generation globally is utilizing it as a main source of information, which it should not be. A starting place to gather informational points possibly, but more research should be sought and encouraged for all.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
but the original statement was Haiti's population has balloon therefore we need to mutilate the pregnant women coming in for service. I think that is immoral and uncalled for.

Immoral is for them to keep having children that they won't be able to properly care for, only to give them over as slaves (restaveks) to any charitable (and most of the time, non-charitable) soul that might be passing by. I have to say that they have clearly retrogressed in this, since their maroon ancestors used to show better sense on this department when they used to be on the run, hiding in the Bahoruco mountain chain. They clearly understood that the hard life they were living in was not a situation in which a child could be properly brought over to the world, an understanding that seems to be absent with these modern iterations of them.

Last edited:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Immoral is for them to keep having children that they won't be able to properly care for, only to give them over as slaves (restaveks) to any charitable (and most of the time, non-charitable) soul that might be passing by. I have to say that they have clearly retrogressed in this, since their maroon ancestors used to show better sense on this department when they used to be on the run, hiding in the Bahoruco mountain chain. They clearly understood that the hard life they were living in was not a situation in which a child could be properly brought over to the world, an understanding that seems to be absent with these modern iterations of them.

Exactly, if the population doubled in 30 years, you know it's not from people migrating into Haiti. It is an irresponsible birthrate. We also know that no other country is going to impose sterilization on the citizens of Haiti. The lack of food will probably get much worse. So what's next, famine? A plague? Some nut job dictator taking over and killing millions?

Build the wall.

Sep 20, 2003
I agree with the the last three reasons, but why is free masonry so important to the DR's development?

The Haitians are free masons. I saw a rather interesting looking masonic lodge in Jacmel in 2005 that had (I suppose) masonic symbols and voo-dooish (is that a real word) looking skulls painted on its gates. The Haitians have a long history of free masonry. It doesn't appear to have benefited them.

I am curious why some people believe that free masonry is beneficial to a country.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2003
The Haitians are free masons. I saw a rather interesting looking masonic lodge in Jacmel in 2005 that had (I suppose) masonic symbols and voo-dooish (is that a real word) looking skulls painted on its gates. The Haitians have a long history of free masonry. It doesn't appear to have benefited them.

I am curious why some people believe that free masonry is beneficial to a country.

I meant to write: 'Some Haitians are free masons'. (Obviously not all of them are.)