Happy Hour Ring

JRSYCOLL

Mar 10, 2003
I have searched the threads and I must be entering the wrong words....the last time I was in the DR, I purchased a "Happy Hour Ring" at the Amber Museum gift shop. After "MUCHO MAMAJUANA".....( gotta love it), I neglected to ask WHY they call it a happy hour ring.I am back home "sob"..and going to Happy Hour wearing my ring. I wanted to be able to tell people why it's called that. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi JRSYCOLL,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

As always I reserve the right to be wrong, but I think it's just a catchy name for tourist's. The Harrison's website (they claim to have designed the first one) says it is "the perfect ring to wear for any occasion" so the name may be a turn on this.

See:

www.harrisons.com/happy_hour_coll.htm

Gregg

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
I also could be wrong about this but.....

Happy hour=two drinks for the price of one.

Happy hour ring=two rings for the price of one, because you can flip it over and wear it either as an amber or larimar ring.

Rose

vee

Mar 7, 2004
I bought one of those rings - larimar on one side, amber on the other - and we were told it was called "Happy Hour Ring" because of the two rings in one as in two drinks for the price of one, just as Rose said.

Whatever the reason for the name, I love this ring...and wear it according to which earrings I wear as I also bought a beautiful pair of larimar earrings and amber earrings. It's very beautiful stuff...

Vee