Hello and Goodbye

Sankie Jose

Feb 24, 2004
I am back just to say goodbye since this will be my last post. Like I told you before, Sunday is my other day off this week. I would like to say a few things to members of the board before you don?t hear from me again. The DR1 folks and specially the DR1 Power Elite feed each other half-truths and misconceptions about the Dominican people. These half-truths and misconceptions get repeated and repeated so much that after a while everybody starts believing them and they become very real in the minds of the DR1 Power Elite. (Some of these beliefs are: ?all workers at resort hotels are sankies or prostitutes and they are bad, uneducated people?; ?Dominicans live only for today?; ?Dominicans are lazy?; ?Dominicans will not pay back money that they owe you?; etcetera). When someone comes along that may challenge those beliefs the DR1 Power Elite shuts them down, by closing threads or insulting and/or demeaning the posters who end up hiding and are never heard from again.

That is the reason why the thread I was on was closed. The Power Elite got nervous when I challenged the established belief about sankies. I guess I am a sankie since I work at a resort hotel and go out with tourists after work. I go out with tourists because I like them and want to have fun with them and hope that they also have a great time. Just like some of you guys and gals here like to go out with dominicans and have fun with them (we don?t call you names because you do that or think that you are all fat old guys with a lot of money to buy the girls).

I just happen to be an educated sankie and that is a major no-no on this board. It goes against a major belief held by the Power Elite. I speak, read and write English and Spanish fluently. I have had some college (computer programming) and I should be completing my education soon. I have a tourist visa to the USA and have traveled to Europe and South America. I have several bank accounts, credit cards, and a brokerage account. I save some money no matter how little I make. I believe in doing the very best at my job no matter how demeaning some people on this board think it might be. I don?t tell the women that I go out with that I love them or that I want to marry them. I have no desire to live anyplace else but the DR.

The DR1 Power Elite needs to chill some, especially with newbies. When a newbie asks a question, all the rude people come out and tell them ?do a search; check the archives.? After a few of these rude remarks the thread is closed and the newbie is never heard from again (for example: buttercup, El Austriaco). Why can?t you just answer a few of the questions? It won?t take more bandwidth to answer the questions than to tell them to stop wasting your precious time. We know that the Power Elite is the only one that knows what topics are worthy enough for DR1 but maybe you would have a lot more users if you would just chill a little with the newbies. You need to have a little compassion and help those that are not as ?enlightened? as you think you are in the DR ways.

The only thing that I wanted to do was to open a dialogue so that you may learn a little about what you call sankies. There are a lot of ?sankies? (if not most) that are hard working and honest people. Some of them do really fall in love with tourists, and some of them do really marry them and live happily ever after. Just like the members of this board, there are all kinds of sankies, those that are good people and those that you would not want to be associated with. That is what you need to learn and that is why I posted. We are just like you.

Thanks for all the emails, they are appreciated

Thanks Anna for welcoming me. Appreciate your kindness. DR1 need more people like you.
Robert: this link is for you http://www.satsig.net/ivsat.htm
My friend works for these people and is a wizard with satellites.

My email is josealba100@yahoo.com

Goodbye!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Jose,
the thread wasn't closed because you are an educated person or that you are a sankie. It was closed because we doubt if you are even in the Dominican Republic. We have members from time to time changing their usenames and perhaps that is what Robert saw in your IP address.

The ladies have told me they want to hear from you and what you have to say so I'll leave this open for now and see what happens.

Goodbye

goodbye, let him go, the way the sun goes, down in the west.
When people learn to take criticism they come back like he sune rises in the east.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.....

Robert getting nervous I can't beleive that.....

We have no porblems with an educated sankie... or even an educated human..

Leaving or staying is your choice, no one forces your extradition from the forums

? Hlywud

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hlywud said:
goodbye, let him go, the way the sun goes, down in the west.
When people learn to take criticism they come back like he sune rises in the east.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.....

Robert getting nervous I can't beleive that.....

We have no porblems with an educated sankie... or even an educated human..

Leaving or staying is your choice, no one forces your extradition from the forums
I do not have a clue of who or where this supposed Jaun Dolio sanki is from but I can tell you he is NOT a sankie in that town. I have lived in Jaun Dolio and I am familar with the area for years now. It is a small town and everyone knows everybody. I know who ALL the sankies are and there is not one of them educated enough to think or write as "Jose Sankie" does. Nobody working at a resort makes enough money to have some college (computer programming) , have a tourist visa to the USA and have travele to Europe and South America, have several bank accounts, credit cards, and a brokerage account, and save some money. Nice try Jose but why didn't you just post as yourself to get your points accross?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Dulce are you saying there is no much person as Jose Alba? He did give his name in the closed thread.

BTW why is it that you know about people's bank accounts?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
you women actually think he is a sankie? I would bet my bottom dollar he isn't even Dominican or hasn't lived there long enough to get a education from high school through college in another country.

"There are a lot of ?sankies? (if not most) that are hard working and honest people. Some of them do really fall in love with tourists, and some of them do really marry them and live happily ever after."

Even if this is true, this is not the case all the time. There is nothing wrong with letting women who may for one reason or another be not desireable in the country from which they originate go to the DR and get fleeced by these professional rip off artists. Now I'm not saying that every resort worker is a "NO GOOD PERSON" or even a Sankie but I have heard too many horror stories on this board and in person and even from other people that it begs telling.

I do have a story about the good that one of these "Jose the Sankies" did for a woman I was told about. Here is the story.

-=-=-=-

A woman a few weeks ago was pointed out to me getting off a motorconcho. The story goes like this. When I noticed her driving by in my car she looked attractive or as attractive as a person can look driving by at 30 MPH.

I just happened to have a friend or aquaintence from the same country of origin in the car and she told me that the woman had been taken for such a ride by her sankie she couldnt afford to eat and lost a ton of weight. I said "are you kidding?" I just couldn't believe she was 100+ lbs heavier than she was when I noticed her.

Well I guess this was the one time that the "Jose the Sankies" were good people to their target. This woman is probably a lot healthier now that she lost the weight and being broke is sure better than being in ill health.

I raise my glass to the "Jose the Sankies" of this country for all the good they/he did for this woman. If she can ever get all the lose skin to tighten up she may find the man she was looking for in this "Jose".

Seriously, I have no problems with Sankies. I think that they provide a good service and the only thing I have a hard time with is that they just don't offer themselves for a price to start out with instead of ripping these women off. A bargain is only a fair bargain if everyone gets what they are paying for. I don't mind seeing these Sankies in their brand new shirts paid for by their targets either. I just think that they should have better taste and style and not look like such fools in these FUGLY shirts.

Regards,
Escott

Last edited by a moderator:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Dulce are you saying there is no much person as Jose Alba? He did give his name in the closed thread.

BTW why is it that you know about people's bank accounts?
Anna, I know you are a sankie lover but she said that with the money that they make at the resorts they can't afford to have a bank account. She doesn't know about anyones bank account but when you make peanuts it is hard to save and have what he said he has. Also, that is not in the upbringing of young Dominicans to save money at an early age in that social catagory usually.

Robert said that he is on Comcast.net Just as I figured he is a phoney.

Escott,
4 more days freezing my butt off in this horrible 50 degree weather...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Scott I'm not a sankie lover. I'm a defender of anyone till I see it with my own two eyes and hear it with my own two ears. I never believe third party gossip. EVER!! I think it would be great if they just offer services at $$$ amount of dollars and no one would get hurt.

NOW can someone please tell me what this comnet.net is suppose to be?

And thank you Scott for saying, "this doesn't apply to all hotel workers."

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I don't know..

I don't know if he was a Sanky or not. But I thought the original post could have been fun, no matter where he was from. And sorry to say, I do agree with him somewhat. Some people here are quite mean. Some people are new to here. Maybe they don't know much about anything. Computers. Life . Whatever. But they get bashed and told to do a search. Well. I have done searches and still don't come up with the info I want. So whats wrong with the same questions coming up every few months? If this was a board only for new questions that have never been asked before do you realize how fast this whole site would die!? How many new questions that haven't been asked before can there be?
This board is for information. I have seen many people come here and ask an innocent question and never get a real answer because too many people are bashing them and being too poopy to answer the question.
I love this site. And if I wasn't able to handle all the **** I got in the beginning I probably would have never came here to live. I took all well. and did what I wanted to do. But do you all realize how hard you really are on many of the innocent people that come here only for a little information?

Maybe this Sanky guy isn't real and maybe he is, but I thought his original post was funny and enjoyable.

I think sarcasm and rudeness is fun, but used with discression. And maybe not good with the newer posters. Let them get used to being here, get to know everyone, then let the bashing begin.

The post I made about everyones ages was BIG SARCASM and only a few of you even caught it!

My 2 centavos....still love this board, this country, and all my DR1 buddies....kisses!

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hey guys, I'm on mindspring.com mainly (those of you who have been around will know that mindspring was one of the very first large ISP's in the US - around 1994 - later gobbled up by earthlink)... and I live and work in the DR. Comcast was a company that was born not many miles away from where I lived and worked in the US - Sarasota - they were first a local cable company and I know the original founders personally - in fact, drank and ate with them frequently in those early days of being inside the heady dot.com bubble.

So what does this have to do with sankies? Nothing at all, just that addresses can sometimes be deceiving, so can IP's.

I'd like to know a little more about Sankie Jose - Just for interest sake y'know... If we can have educated and experienced women hookers, (think Japan!) why not educated and experienced male hookers? Looks like some of the DR1 men are... uhm... dare I say it... jealous?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Chris said:
So what does this have to do with sankies? Nothing at all, just that addresses can sometimes be deceiving, so can IP's.

I'd like to know a little more about Sankie Jose - Just for interest sake y'know... If we can have educated and experienced women hookers, (think Japan!) why not educated and experienced male hookers? Looks like some of the DR1 men are... uhm... dare I say it... jealous?
Yeah, what is the odds of him having a US IP?? Bet slim to none.

I can't speak for the rest of the men here but I am always Jealous of the Black Gay Sankies with the Fattie on the Arm who couldn't get a piece anywhere in Canada or the UK! LOL

You have some imagination for a Afrikan! Maybe you are the one that is jealous? You like what you see on their arms?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The point of my post was that Jose had made a lot of good points but he didn't go about it in the right way. Some sankies are good people doing what they need to do to survive just like the female prostitutes. First off, sankies will never admit that they are a sankie. They hate the label. Secondly, sankie's don't make THAT much money to do all and have all tat he says he has.
"Jose Sankie" is far too educated to be a sankie. The chances of us ever having a real sankie post on this board are close to none. It would be interesting to hear the truth from thier viewpoint. Sakies do use the internet to e-mail thier clients in English but they need a bit of help composing a letter using proper English grammar.Not to mention a post like Jose's.
Anna. I know some sankie's named Jose (who doesn't?) but not a Jose Alba from Jaun Dolio.
I also agree with Jose and Jan that many poster's on this board are rude,status oriented, and provide nothing but insults instead of answers. There is more good advice than negative too balance it out though.
I agree with Escott that women should be able to get the same service as the men who can not get a woman in thier own country. The reason sankie's do not state a price is because they are in denial that they are prostituting themselves.It makes them feel more dignified to ask for $$$ for the family or whatever. The female prostitues will most times admit what they do to for a living to survive and therefore they give prices. We all have to remember that we are not talking about our own countries and cultures. We are talking about the RD and IF we were born there and were poor we may be forced to do some things that other cultures find shocking.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen!!!

Guys, guys, listen to this. Do you want to know how much of a phoney he is?. Just read his posts. The guy writes english pretty well for a person that says that he has a visa and does not want to live anywhere else but the DR. Give me a break!!!. The sankie wanna-be can write english much better than I, and I did all my schooling here and have lived here in the US for 30 years!!!.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We are just like you ???

"Just like the members of this board, there are all kinds of sankies, those that are good people and those that you would not want to be associated with. That is what you need to learn and that is why I posted. We are just like you."

Unless I have misunderstood the meaning of the word sanky, as being the local word for a male prostitute/gigolo, who does not sell his wares for a fixed price, but rather extorts money out of gullible women under false pretext, then I am not just like you !!!
I have no problem with anybody's career choices, but it had better be an honest one.
Marco.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Escott said:
Yeah, what is the odds of him having a US IP?? Bet slim to none.

But, if he is as good as he says he is, one of his buddies may have a US IP.

Escott said:
I can't speak for the rest of the men here but I am always Jealous of the Black Gay Sankies with the Fattie on the Arm who couldn't get a piece anywhere in Canada or the UK! LOL.

Well, we think differently. I say, Good for the Fattie - you go girl, enjoy!

Escott said:
You have some imagination for a Afrikan! Maybe you are the one that is jealous? You like what you see on their arms.

Some of us are just a little 'deeper' than others -- in our imagination departments -- LOL -- I simply think it is a wonderful thing that a women who chooses to, for whatever reason, can go ahead and buy a sankie. I think it is the sugar on top if he is educated - if in addition, he or his buddy has a US IP address, the story gets more interesting.

So, seems to me that the women want to hear more from Sankie Jose, but the men don't. Won't you fellows just be quiet for a moment and let us find out about Sankie Jose, pretty please? If he turns out to be real, good. If not, well, let us girls have our fun fer gawdssakes!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I always said "Good for the Fattie" if she gets exactly what she bargained for mas y menos.

I have no problem with male hookers as well as female hookers. I think I am going to start a "Sankie Union" as a matter of fact!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!!

Escott said:
I always said "Good for the Fattie" if she gets exactly what she bargained for mas y menos.

I have no problem with male hookers as well as female hookers. I think I am going to start a "Sankie Union" as a matter of fact!
Sign me in as " Sanky Panky Miky", the best dressed sankie of them all.

Have you people seen some of the sankies that gather at beaches?. Boy those girls HAVE to be very, very DESPERATE to be bedded by one of those creatures. Same goes for the female Sankies, I would not touch them even with Larry's ....