Hells in paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Sosua, with its endless array of sleazy watering holes, bargain prostitutes, toothless Dominican pimps and the fat old German expats and tourists who keep them all in business, has long been one of the world’s foremost sex tourism destinations—catering to both men and, increasingly, women.

That pretty much sums up Sosua. The writing style is not exactly journalistic. why not go down to Bozo bar and try and interview a member of HA? Probably becasue the writer of this didn't have the balls to do so.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Sosua, with its endless array of sleazy watering holes, bargain prostitutes, toothless Dominican pimps and the fat old German expats and tourists who keep them all in business, has long been one of the world?s foremost sex tourism destinations?catering to both men and, increasingly, women.

That pretty much sums up Sosua. The writing style is not exactly journalistic. why not go down to Bozo bar and try and interview a member of HA? Probably becasue the writer of this didn't have the balls to do so.

It sums up certain establishments and the people who frequent them, that's all!

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
I hope it's not really true that Bozo belongs to the HA - I heard from the employees that it was a Dominican family from Santiago. It had become one of our favorite places to eat recently.

That being said, after a few years of living here, I recognize much of Chris Barry's content as a harshly written (and I found quite humorous) version of the truth about certain aspects of the D.R.

The sad thing is only that he didn't bother to record the many 'normal' people who also live here, don't do drugs and hookers and run businesses and services professionally. Now that would have spoilt the story wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I hope it's not really true that Bozo belongs to the HA - I heard from the employees that it was a Dominican family from Santiago. It had become one of our favorite places to eat recently.

That being said, after a few years of living here, I recognize much of Chris Barry's content as a harshly written (and I found quite humorous) version of the truth about certain aspects of the D.R.

The sad thing is only that he didn't bother to record the many 'normal' people who also live here, don't do drugs and hookers and run businesses and services professionally. Now that would have spoilt the story wouldn't it?

If I may be so bold as to put myself into that category, I'm afraid we are just not news worthy! :ermm:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004

well said

also, my understanding that Bozo is Dominican owned... but I don't know first hand

Status
Not open for further replies.