HELP ASAP!!! my dominican BF playing me? part1000!

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
If you know your man is not in college, you know it's impossible for him to be enrolled in such a program. How sure are you that he's in school. I agree with someone else who said ask him for a copy of his transcripts. If he comes up with it, you may have something to think about. If not...you know what the deal is and there is no more to talk about.

VVV

Feb 6, 2007
i am pretty sure that he is telling the truth about the study and the exchange program..
but still.. do you think its ok that he is asking me for money like this?
i met him 2 month ago and we spend the week together..

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
i am pretty sure that he is telling the truth about the study and the exchange program..

give your head a shake.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Ardent Student

Sure, hormones can't lie.

In the circumstances given, it's totally all right, understandable, clever and somehow natural... :bunny:

That's good.
You ought to go back for more.

m'frog

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
Are you for real?!

You've only spent a week with him, he's virtually a stranger. Would it be okay if you asked someone you barely knew for $500 or even $50.
I think your friends a bit cheeky actually. He should at least wait til after your next visit to DR before he starts asking for money!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Successful Applicant

... He should at least wait til after your next visit to DR before he starts asking for money!

Why should he?
The blue-eyed clientele he is sankifying taught him to use the trial-and error method and be successful with one girl or another.

The guy is not to blame and I am sure he's 'awsome' and 'cute'... :bunny:

m'frog

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
do you think its ok that he is asking me for money like this?i met him 2 month ago and we spend the week together..

and we wonder why there's so many sankies out there with so many easy pickings to choose from. :rolleyes:

drluver

Oct 24, 2006

Hey I've "known" you for a few weeks now, can you please send me money so my grandma can get new false teeth? They only cost $1200. Please send cheque payable to Ivebeensankified@hotmail.com

Was the week you spent together worth 800 bucks?

Would you do this at home? Would you give money to someone you've known a week?

If the answer is no then you've got your answer.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Dominicans, whether they are sankies or not, seem to have no qualms about asking to borrow money from whoever they think will say yes.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
ODTE exchange program

Hi VVV,
another student exchange program is WAT (Work And Travel USA) from ODTE Program cost is 1,870 U$ incl. airfare and accomodation.
I am currently helping my friend who is a medicine student in Santo Domingo. Payments and selection for that program have finished now and she has got a summerjob in Williamsburg, VA as housekeeper in a hotel. I have known her for 3 years and trust her enough to help her in this, she is a bright kid from a poor family and she wants to use the money she will make in the US (minus my loan) to pay for the remainder of her studies, which should be perfectly possible since she is studying at the UASD (public university).
Some words of advice:
- this opportunity comes around every year, so don't feel pressured. Students can apply year after year and go back several times. Ask him what he plans to do with the money earned in the US.
- ask him what the name of the program is and look it up on the internet.
- do you really believe that he first collected 1,500U$ and only then starts asking you for the last 500U$? Is it realistic for him to have 1,500U$?
- don't do this with people you don't know really well.
Bartolomeo