Help for 3 girls left as orphans after father killed their mother :(

Rachelvaldes23

Apr 14, 2020
God Bless you and others for all the help you are providing to the girls. please keep GoFundme open for my future donations. And Playa Caribe you are amazing!

• Love
Reactions: NanSanPedro

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Wonderful wonderful!! Thank you so much for your kindness and getting us to the goal.. and to you PlayaCaribe especially for really getting the motivation moving. That means a lot. I will definitely keep the GoFundMe open and keep everyone updated on the girls.

Currently I am definitely most concerned about the eldest daughter (13) because she knew much more about the situation and what her father was like. The mother already had a restraining order against him which shows they had probably seen a lot of scary stuff even leading up to that night. There are also rumors of sexual abuse to the girls or at least to the eldest and rumors he threatened her on the same night he killed the mother. All very very horrible and hard stuff for a 13 year old girl. The little ones are already full of smiles and calling their foster mom 'Mommy' and myself 'Tia' and really soaking in all the love, asking for hugs often.. But it's certainly much harder for a 13 year old. There are no words to describe how awful this experience must be for them.

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your outpouring of support, kindness and care!

Rachelvaldes23

Apr 14, 2020
Wonderful wonderful!! Thank you so much for your kindness and getting us to the goal.. and to you PlayaCaribe especially for really getting the motivation moving. That means a lot. I will definitely keep the GoFundMe open and keep everyone updated on the girls.

Currently I am definitely most concerned about the eldest daughter (13) because she knew much more about the situation and what her father was like. The mother already had a restraining order against him which shows they had probably seen a lot of scary stuff even leading up to that night. There are also rumors of sexual abuse to the girls or at least to the eldest and rumors he threatened her on the same night he killed the mother. All very very horrible and hard stuff for a 13 year old girl. The little ones are already full of smiles and calling their foster mom 'Mommy' and myself 'Tia' and really soaking in all the love, asking for hugs often.. But it's certainly much harder for a 13 year old. There are no words to describe how awful this experience must be for them.

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your outpouring of support, kindness and care!
How sad for all of them. I will share this Gofundme and will continue my support as well. God Bless you and God bless them all.

Reactions: TravelHippo

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
This is great. But I strongly believe to keep the GoFundMe page open along with this thread. Things tend to fade from memory and these girls will need help for 15 years. I know that's daunting but those of us whom God has blessed really need to step up.

Agreed. Out of sight out of mind. A college fund would be nice. That would at least give them a fighting chance. They had everything taken away from them.

Jan 9, 2004
God Bless you and others for all the help you are providing to the girls. please keep GoFundme open for my future donations. And Playa Caribe you are amazing!
Thank You................but I would humbly suggest that what is truly amazing is seeing the power of 1+1+1 from all of you who responded and continue to respond.

The power of 1+1+1 allows ordinary people to do extraordinary things...............and you are all proof positive of that.

Happy New Year.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hi! I just wanted to post an update on the girls!

Firstly, they are all doing really well overall, which is the most important thing.

After a while of staying exclusively with my friend, MC, who originally took them in after all this happened, their maternal grandmother began asking to have time with them since she is on her own now and is also missing her daughter terribly, who was the one killed, so I am sure feeling very much alone. So MC took the girls to visit the grandma (who is living in their old house) but each time she would take them back to her house (back to MC's), the grandma would cry and get very sad to see them go. So it was decided it would be best if the girls stay mainly with grandma for now and MC takes them groceries / food 3 times a week, as well as takes them out to do things, hang out with her, etc. throughout the week, as well as take them to their psychology appointments in the neighboring town, etc. This seems to be working well at the moment but Grandma has no income of her own so it still requires MC to make sure they are well fed and taken care of.

Thanks to everyone's help, there are two lawyers working together on the case of their mother's murder, with a court date set for March 16th and the goal of a 30 year term for the murder plus several addition years for additional things that went on. I honestly don't know much about those details and how all that works here so that is just directly the info I was given so far, but I will try to find out more, especially once the court date arrives.

The donated money has also allowed the girls to see a psychologist weekly which has been incredibly important for them as it turns out their father caused them some pretty horrific trauma in their past, even before killing their mom in front of them. Just awful awful!!

Along with monetary donations, we also received a lot of clothing donations which was wonderful and certainly was something that put huge smiles on the girls faces and was much needed. For now, I am told they are all good for clothing (possibly will need help with this in future as the girls grow).

Any new donations at this time will be used towards the food that is being taken for them to have at grandma's house, as well as helping with a leak in the roof at grandma's house above their bed. So, believe me, donations are still always welcome and will be put to very good use!!

I want to say a huge thank you again to everyone who has helped out with the girls over these past couple of months! It means so much!!

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
53585276_1613699818493739_r.jpeg
53585276_1613699840313185_r.jpeg

Photos of Grandma's house, where the girls are currently staying. Also, I believe I was wrong in my post above. I don't think this is the same house they were in before with their mother.. just the same neighborhood and same sort of awful housing situation.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thank you for checking in and reminding me to come back here to update!! All 3 girls are doing really well. They are mainly staying with their grandmother in Rio San Juan now and continue to have weekly check ins from my friend (who they were staying with after the death of their mom), who also brings them supplies now and then as needed. She says they are all happy overall and doing well in school and enjoy spending time with their friends. The eldest of the three recently had her 15th birthday so she had a small but special celebration which my friend was able to help with, providing her with a fancy dress, cake, and some photos, which she really enjoyed.

I will have to check in with her and get back to you about the situation with the father (re: jail time, court, etc.). Hopefully he has been locked away for a long long while at this point! But you never know with the system here in the DR unfortunately.

Thank you again for checking in!!