Help Me Understand this sleeping routine

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
So both the children are going to sleep on a single twin bed. Why would that make them grateful.. I would think if they had their own bed they would be grateful. AND do you expect me to sleep with my gf on a single twin... Am I missing something in your answer
Yes, you're definitely missing it. Get a two bedroom apartment with twin beds in one of the bedrooms.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I dont know if you are serious or not..
I am serious and have offered my adivice in the past about this country and these women. Keep an open mind going forward. You are in for a real learning experience. All the best.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I told my GF that I might be coming down. I told her I would get a 2 bedroom apt for a week, She has 2 children... a daughter 16 and a son 10.
I asked her how many BEDS in the childrens bedroom... She said ONE...
Maybe this is something with the culture but in my mind to have a 16 yo girl in the same bed as her 10 brother doesn't seem right
Have you ask your gf what are their sleeping arrangement at the moment. You say its only for 1 week and I suspect they already all sleep together. Maybe you can buy a portable type of mattress ( here a "cochon" Spelling ?) and your GF can keep it for future use.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
who is lucy.. I can't believe a woman would be on this forum,
I'm a dude.
But they can't bring themselves to address me as Lucifer (for fear of going to Hell, I think), or they prefer to refer to me as Lucy, in an attempt to display their über Alpha Male trait: the super-duper, mucho macho, tough hombre character, channeling their inner John Wayne/Chuck Norris/Mike Tyson.

Supposedly, some of these tough-as-nails compadres flew submarines out of Tranquility Base during the Boxer Rebellion. Just ask them.

They can call me Lucy every day of the week and twice on Saturdays. After all, I had beautiful women raising me and nurturing me.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I'm a dude.
But they can't bring themselves to address me as Lucifer (for fear of going to Hell, I think), or they prefer to refer to me as Lucy, in an attempt to display their über Alpha Male trait: the super-duper, mucho macho, tough hombre character, channeling their inner John Wayne/Chuck Norris/Mike Tyson.

Supposedly, some of these tough-as-nails compadres flew submarines out of Tranquility Base during the Boxer Rebellion. Just ask them.

They can call me Lucy all day long and twice on Saturdays. After all, I had beautiful women raising me and nurturing me.
Very Freudian

Lucy probably a term of endearment rather than a pot shot at your username

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Ken,
The mother of the children has told you 1 bed.
Stop second guessing.
Be more concerned with how many rooms if you have a romantic interest in the other.
Stop worrying.
Think abundance mindset
You are the prize in the Dominican Republic.
You are the king.
It is your way or the highway!
That being said, stop worrying about the sleeping arrangements of the kids and set up the one you prefer for yourself.
You didn't make those kids.
They are not your responsibility.

Reactions: CristoRey and jd426

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If the whole family shares a room - you just hope no one drank a bunch of beer and ate chili and eggs for dinner.
Does the grandfather with prostate problems always get the outside edge of the mattress ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What is a sock... I have never been called that but it seems it is not a nice term to be referred to.
I am just really nervous... I care about this woman and don't want to mess things up myself.
Please be patient and try to understand... This has been a journey for me
Go rent a nice villa with many bedrooms and beds, maybe a pool, and treat them to something they may never have experienced.
But don't be surprised if they are afraid to sleep alone in a strange house

Reactions: JD Jones