Help my friend has been Sankified!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
A Sanki is a player and will play anyone out for money at his or her convenience. Anybody that lives in DR and thinks that these people are 'friends' deep down inside is in denial.

Johana

May 24, 2006
There is a saying... Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres.
Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.

J

John Evans

there are many people in many different countries who will only make "friends" with people who are of use to them in one way or another ie a foot up the job ladder , getting in the right social circles etc - this is nothing exclusive to this country

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
he/she that is without sin cast the first stone. a sankie does what he does for survival. the funny part is that most have perfected the trade....

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I don't think it's survival...but then again what do I know!!

That's great you are living there!! where did you move too? and how long ago?? I could use a change of climate pretty quick here!!

lol I almost said climax!!

Mar 2, 2008
"Let him without sin cast the first stone."

"Toward whom shall I cast it?"

Obviously none of us is completely without sin, but I think it is fair to say that does not relieve us of the responsibility of protecting those who are in harm's way.

The thing with sankies is that while they may be acting simply to survive, they are doing so at the expense of others. Thieves and robbers may offer the same logic that they only trying to survive, but I don't believe anyone would concede that robbery is acceptable, regardless of the rationale.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Anyone who thinks a "sankie" does this to survive is deep in denial or just doesn't understand at all!!!!

Sankies go after the vulnerable, the lonely, whatever criteria makes a good target for them. Often they already have decent jobs by local standards. They are looking for the EASY AND FAST WAY OUT!!!!!

What they are doing is unacceptable regardless of their motives!

And it is guilt by association here. If you hang with them you are like them!!!!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Anyone who thinks a "sankie" does this to survive is deep in denial or just doesn't understand at all!!!!

Sankies go after the vulnerable, the lonely, whatever criteria makes a good target for them. Often they already have decent jobs by local standards. They are looking for the EASY AND FAST WAY OUT!!!!!

What they are doing is unacceptable regardless of their motives!

And it is guilt by association here. If you hang with them you are like them!!!!

I'm with you %100...when I think survival, I think pretty deep...my desk top is not a beautiful beach scene or the car of my dreams, it's a small child in Africa,with an empty bowl in his hand...Every day I see it and it reminds me of how good I have it!

A sanky is a pathetic parasite that attacks without warning...infests your whole being.I have come to the point where I am sickened by their flawless tactics...ugh!! makes me sick to think they have every move planned out just waiting for their prey.

whew ...alrighty then...I got that off my chest!!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
not so much to meet another sanky...just to explore her options and not get fixated on one in particular!!

just to have fun!!

beachfun

May 30, 2008
I think my friend has been sankified to.

I have read a lot of post on this site very informative. I heard her talking to her DR guy friend and asking him if had made it to Western Union. Alarm bells were ringing very loud to me. He told her that he was a university student and that he wanted her to move there. I didn't ask how old he was but if he's in university he must be younger than her. And why would he be interested in a tourist if he has the means to educate himself.

angie12

Apr 26, 2008
Sanctified? I think not! I was in the DR last year. And met this handsome man, who happens to be perfect (or so I thought for the first 2 minutes...). Call it lust, need for love, or whatever you want. But when you find yourself being over indulged by a gorgeous guy, you tend to lose your head. Thank God I was smart enought to think twice and analyze the situation...
LADIES--- OPEN YOUR EYES... THESE GUYS KNOW THEIR TACTICS... have fun! enjoy the moment! but do not open your heart or your pocketbook!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Sanctified? I think not! I was in the DR last year. And met this handsome man, who happens to be perfect (or so I thought for the first 2 minutes...). Call it lust, need for love, or whatever you want. But when you find yourself being over indulged by a gorgeous guy, you tend to lose your head. Thank God I was smart enought to think twice and analyze the situation...
LADIES--- OPEN YOUR EYES... THESE GUYS KNOW THEIR TACTICS... have fun! enjoy the moment! but do not open your heart or your pocketbook!!!

And they (Sankies) think with theirs!!!!

angie12

Apr 26, 2008
I completely agree with you! They plan their every mood... they are experts at this...
I see and understand how a they can lure you in, which is why it is so important to have your feet on the ground and know what they are looking for.... whatever the sankies' reasons are for living this way, don't matter.... what matters is that women need to take care of themselves.... and men too!!! women sankies are working out there too!

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
the're jerks every time i go to DR i get free staff from the sankies, i get thes phone calls, i never authorize any of the workes to call my room,some whon i never spoke to would dare too call!..anyways i always take the free staff,LOL .sankies smooth talk seems clumsy when they meet someone who speak their language, ... AND YEAH THEY HATE TO BE CALLED SANKYN PANKY, just like a prostitute hates to be called a slut.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Girls, read everything you can in this forum about the subject, take the advice, in the end the next time you are with one of these guys (if you are willing) you'll have even a greater time whether or not you had been sankified, and YOU will be the one playing them...chin up.