Help With The Eticket Procedure

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Living in the DR, I learned you should have Plan A, B and even C because at times things do go well. You can arrive at the airport and your internet is down or the eticket system is not working then the airline would not let you check in......big problem.

I suggest Plan A: 3 day before your departure, plan B: 2 days Before, Plan C: 1 day before. Have a good and relax trip.
I have a paper copy, a photo on my phone, the QR code saved, and the Code written down. Boy Scout and ex-Military, always got at least a plan B.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have a paper copy, a photo on my phone, the QR code saved, and the Code written down. Boy Scout and ex-Military, always got at least a plan B.
Plan B, you are up to plan D :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I just hope they don't follow what the Canadians are doing. Some poor schumk just got fined $6255.00 CDN for refusing to fill out Arrive Can. Canadian version of DR e-ticket. Can you imagine what would happen here if they thought they could score that kind of money.

Probably best to just fill it out.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
op here, still no joy. After waiting until the 72 hour timeline I was able to get through to the public health section where I picked none, a phone number and then submitted. nothing happening! I will wait until later and try it again. Honestly, I can't believe I'm having difficulty...but I am!

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
hold the phone, I changed from spanish to english and my request evidently went through. I now have a pdf. I had been using english all the way through the procedure although the public health section changed to spanish when I entered that section?? Who knows, now to find my pdf and hopefully get a bloody mary soon.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
hold the phone, I changed from spanish to english and my request evidently went through. I now have a pdf. I had been using english all the way through the procedure although the public health section changed to spanish when I entered that section?? Who knows, now to find my pdf and hopefully get a bloody mary soon.
Always take a screen shot of the QR and save a PDF and make sure you have one of those available on your phone to show at checkin

Aug 31, 2011
I have been asked to re-do my E-Ticket when I had completed it beyond 72 hours out.

At the airport last week in Punta Cana, I saw a sign with a QR code for travelers to scan steering them to the online E-Ticket form. There were a number who were filling it out there before allowed into the check-in line.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have been asked to re-do my E-Ticket when I had completed it beyond 72 hours out.

At the airport last week in Punta Cana, I saw a sign with a QR code for travelers to scan steering them to the online E-Ticket form. There were a number who were filling it out there before allowed into the check-in line.
When were you asked to redo it?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Only 1 in 6 times have I been asked to show my Q code. Only an agent that is brand new on the job doesn't know it's in the data of your p.p.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Only 1 in 6 times have I been asked to show my Q code. Only an agent that is brand new on the job doesn't know it's in the data of your p.p.
They ask for it as proof that you've completed the process.

Every time I have traveled this year I have been required to show the QR at check-in both in DR and abroad.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Living in the DR, I learned you should have Plan A, B and even C because at times things do go well. You can arrive at the airport and your internet is down or the eticket system is not working then the airline would not let you check in......big problem.

I suggest Plan A: 3 day before your departure, plan B: 2 days Before, Plan C: 1 day before. Have a good and relax trip.
Remember when flying was relaxing? Miss those days.
And apart from the E-Ticket - why are countries still playing the Covid Charade.
Haven't seen much chatter on it here as it has left the DR like Elvis.
Seems it's only lingering effect is to keep the best tennis player from ever entering another country.
Anyone still holding onto their 2-year old vax card for travel?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Remember when flying was relaxing? Miss those days.
And apart from the E-Ticket - why are countries still playing the Covid Charade.
Haven't seen much chatter on it here as it has left the DR like Elvis.
Seems it's only lingering effect is to keep the best tennis player from ever entering another country.
Anyone still holding onto their 2-year old vax card for travel?
Why would one not have it on them? Was asked to show you last month. E tic best thing ever happened in DR. All of the reasons posted here many times. I take it you don't travel much?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Why would one not have it on them? Was asked to show you last month. E tic best thing ever happened in DR. All of the reasons posted here many times. I take it you don't travel much?
Not much no but at least once a year - I have no issues with the E-Ticket.
But new rules preventing dogs from traveling to the US and Canada I do have a problem with

Reactions: johne

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not much no but at least once a year - I have no issues with the E-Ticket.
But new rules preventing dogs from traveling to the US and Canada I do have a problem with
I agree on the dog problem, but it has nothing to do with the DR and everything to do with the US and Canada.............

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I filled it out yesterday. But there was no space to add my wife and kids. So I filled out one for each of us?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I agree on the dog problem, but it has nothing to do with the DR and everything to do with the US and Canada.............
It affects dogs trapped here and imagine if you travel with your dogs seasonally you are being hurt and the dogs too.

e-ticket is something all tourists should be made aware of at time of purchasing a DR airline ticket because I have seen some arriving in DR with no wifi connection and stuck behind immigration scratching their heads, one older black tourist asking what's this e-ticket thing ?
And no way to complete it.
Yeah I know - he didn't do his research but many travelers are not apprised like we on this forum who have know about the e-ticket for two years.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Speaking about the dog problem I can really sympathize with people here. I know a lady that has a small dog that is about 13-14 years old. Been with her his whole life. This dog will not eat or drink if he is not with the owner or her husband. Now the lady will not leave the DR. She used to travel frequently to Florida. But I was told by her husband that dogs can still go in the baggage compartment to the US but she would not send the dog that way. Is this true about still allowing dogs in baggage to the US from the DR?