Hi guys and gals...still alive

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Remember, if your a Dominican blue blood, its all about preserving what you've got, and not about creating new wealth through economically productive activity for your country, your community or even yourself. The latter would mean "work". Golo has opened this world up to us, and it is fascinating.

-------
Well that is how we ge the word conservative, which comes from the word conserve, and was usually associated with the elite who wanted little change. All ruling classes tend to be conservative.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Come on Golo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defend yourself, Golo.

A la carga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
what am i missing here?

a blue blood that cant afford a simple computer repair?
is the new penthouse in a 2 story building?
another 5 cent dr1 millionaire?

enquiring minds want to know. hehe

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: what am i missing here?

lurker said:
a blue blood that cant afford a simple computer repair?
is the new penthouse in a 2 story building?
another 5 cent dr1 millionaire? enquiring minds want to know.
If so, it must only be because he followed lurker's real-estate tips.

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
For those in need (you know who you are - just look at your nick), Robert has a few second-hand 'clues' available for sale in the DR1 store. They were orginally purchase by DiabloRojo but he couldn't figure out how they worked and returned them, unopened.

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
if i was a stakeholder i wouldnt want to hear the predictions either. when reality bites dr1 is changing my rating to "Lucasian Professor".

hehe

p.s. running 24/7 your generator shouldnt be using more than 4 -20L pails of oil a month at $25 bucks per, even if it has a huge crankcase with recommended change periods. oil filters are a buck and a half to 2 bucks each by the dozen. its either worn out or you have a blown seal. fuel use should be around .75 gal/hr at 3/4 load.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
At Least You're Consistent.

:confused:

It's nice to see that you're every bit as much of an expert on diesel generators as you are on real-estate.

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
Those clues are still for available for sale. Hint: They're cheaper by the dozen. I think you should consider bulk purchases.

Last edited:

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
dammit

i was wrong about the generator too! silly me....again.

i'm obviously not factoring in the warp thats entered when you step on the island.

is the sky still fuschia at least?

hehe

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
w/o even tryin .........

looks like i found another sore spot. its not my fault. as clever as u make yourself out to be xr, u managed to pick up a piece of junk for a gennie?

typical response from a member of the bb club.

hehe

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Sore spot? LOL. Hell no!

If you haven't guessed it yet (but then again you still are looking for taht clue) Rob hired me just to keep tweaking the morons for the comic value. Keeps the rest of the board amused. You're doin' a great job. Please don't stop posting!

Haven't laughed this hard since the littlecommunist devil was around. Anyway, thanks for making my job secure.

What a pultroon!

Tom (aka XR)

lurker

See Ya!
Apr 24, 2003
no problemo!

y'all need advice on everything so its ez.

did you mean poltroon? you need to start a spelling bee club down there.

hehe

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Not so fast O & C

Look guys, I'm doing extremely fine financially. The irony of this whole mess is that under Hipolito I have done better than Leonel's period. Except, I don't feel better or as secure. But who is?

However, for those who think I lost money, I got news for you. Even those undervalued newly printed Banco Central pesos can still get you great bargains out there. I have made a killing so far. So don't feel sorry for me. But if you do, just send me some pesos or even dollars so I can buy some more.

I'm going shopping at Hache next week for quite a few items to finish up my third floor gazebo, which will be Miami-like chic, with an splendid view of the Malecon. I can see as far as San Pedro de Macoris. All this with BC pesos.

P.S. I will not buy into the BC 50% certificates. There are better deals out there, specially with contacts I have made(ironically) with several big time Haitians running away from the mess out there.

TW

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Whats all the complaining about?

Golo is living the life most people would like to have, and I am talking most people in the USA!! Penthouse, views as faraway as San Pedro de Macoris, Gazebo Miami style, how can you complaint! And this down swing in the economy due to the idiot in power, that is simply how the Dominican Republic is. The country would not be what it is if it wasn't like this you know (for better or worse). The economy was flying high in the 1970s, collapse in 1980s, fly high in 1990s, collapse in 2000s, hey, maybe it will fly high for the 2010s. Live life the fullest and forget about politics and economics, most dominicans don't care much about it. Think about it, they make protest because of the outages, they make protest because of the price hike, they make protest because of the no good president, but in the end of the day, they end up dancing merengue on the street, drinking rum and playing dominos under the candlelight and still having a blast out of life, despite the problems. Live and learn like the Dominicans, especially most of the expats living at the creme-de-la-creme of dominican lifestyles!! Penthouse and still complaining, I don't get it! Take care people!! :laugh: