hi to all, questions about living in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Why would American immigration issues have anything to do with the OPs plans? Why would you not bring a ten year old to the DR? I agree that there are cheaper, warmer and far more friendly places to live in the USA than NYC. http://lavegachristianschool.com/index.php

If the other person moves to the DR , and then decides to move back to the DR, and is a Dominican citizen, immigration COULD be a problem, I have watched the USA embassy in Santo Domingo, in the last 3 weeks turn down visa apps that nobody has seen before...From one Bob to another, I do believe that smaller town USA is a better place to raise a child, than the DR......Just my advise....Doc....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If the other person moves to the DR , and then decides to move back to the DR, and is a Dominican citizen, immigration COULD be a problem, I have watched the USA embassy in Santo Domingo, in the last 3 weeks turn down visa apps that nobody has seen before...From one Bob to another, I do believe that smaller town USA is a better place to raise a child, than the DR......Just my advise....Doc....

The op is also an American citizen. If I was going to move to another place in the states from NYC I would move to Redmond Washington, but that's just me.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
For me, and my thoughts of possibly leaving the DR and RETURNING to the U.S. soon, the reasons are:
1. Motor and Vehicular Deaths
2. Poor Medical Care (specifically, emergent care and lack of trauma centers)
3. Poor Infrastructure and Utilities
4. Garbage and Sanitation
These are only the top 4. Not necessarily a really big deal for a single person, but when you factor in a family and your desire to protect them at all costs these items do pose challenges. In regards to the young fella, it's every parent's individual decision on how to raise their children, but you must remember accidents do happen, especially with children. There are very little 911 ambulance services in the major DR cities, not to mention out in el campo. I would not want to think of having to load a child into a car, the back of a pickup truck, or on a moto for the journey to the nearest clinica, just to be shuttled again to the nearest hospital. Time and distance do matter in situations as such. There will not be any EMS or Fire Department emergency response in 4-8 minutes. Just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.