High beach tide punta cana

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The cause of the high tides and enormous waves of the past days is now named subtropical storm Alex in the far eastern Atlantic. US national weather service had been issuing advisories to include maritime in previous days of high wave action and tides affecting the north coast of the island, US east coast, and eastern Atlantic coastlines (Europe Africa) due to the powerful influence of its cyclonic actions.

Regards,

PJT

Jan 7, 2016
The Government could be more proactive with the issue of beach erosion in Punta Cana. When I was growing-up in California in the 1950's and 1960's, the Army Corps of Engineers would routinely bring in a dredge and replace the lost sand on the local beaches. This was done about every 2-3 years and was very successful in preventing further erosion from happening.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I've noticed much high waves, higher water lines, and unusually rough seas on Playa Sosua all this week also.

if the wind is coming from the North, then yeagh.. but if its an Easterly direction (normal trade winds for the area) ..then only like Cabarete/ kite beach will be noticeabley Windy.. Those Hotels + the cliff on the east side of Sosua beach, you would be surprised how much WIND they totally slap down..
Anyone who fishes in Capes Peninsulas or islands fully understands this Effect.. its most dramatic.. if anyone here has ever been to Montauk NY for example, one side is HONKING at 35+ Mph .. the other side can be as Flat as a pond. Its most dramatic when you see it that way.
Aruba is a perfect Island example, although I have never been there myself.. They have trees that are literally bent from all the wind on the Windy side of the island.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
if the wind is coming from the North, then yeagh.. but if its an Easterly direction (normal trade winds for the area) ..then only like Cabarete/ kite beach will be noticeabley Windy.. Those Hotels + the cliff on the east side of Sosua beach, you would be surprised how much WIND they totally slap down..
Anyone who fishes in Capes Peninsulas or islands fully understands this Effect.. its most dramatic.. if anyone here has ever been to Montauk NY for example, one side is HONKING at 35+ Mph .. the other side can be as Flat as a pond. Its most dramatic when you see it that way.
Aruba is a perfect Island example, although I have never been there myself.. They have trees that are literally bent from all the wind on the Windy side of the island.

In the Florida Keys there are several places where the trees grow at a 45 degree due to constant winds.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I didn't go to Boca Chica for about 5 years.
When I went last year I noticed "something" was missing???????????????
100 yards of sandy beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The water was virtually at the door of the "Boat House bar.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 5, 2007

Did BC sink also? Been to many islands in my life but have yet to see one or even part of one sink. Erosion etc, but sink? Didn't they replenish the sand at BC about 10 years ago?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

That's just natures way of cleaning the condoms and rum bottles from the playa

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
macao

we were at macao for sunset yesterday
waves were spectacular
first time at macao was 35 years ago
made the beach look like it was going back to its natural past
dd