Hippo's Tailor

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Explenation

I have received news from my brother in Spain that the reason behind Hippos Funky pants is Do?a Rosa forgot to pack the Monkey suit and he had to ask the King if he could borrow a pair.

I hope thats that!:bored:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Bochinche

My point being that ridiculing Trujillo for his Napoleonic outfits, would be like ridiculing Napoleon himself, or some other world leader in any era because of his uniforms.

But to put it into modern age perspective, and I am sure you will agree with me, if you know our country well, Trujillo used to be called "chapita" because of the many medals and awards pinned to his uniform. I never thought he over did this.

But let us take our present day military in DR. If by the "chapita" standard we go, General Soto Jimenez, our chief of staff makes chapita look like a man who was never condecorated. general Soto has pins, stripes, medals everywhere up to his clavicle bone. He would have outnumbered by twice any Trujillo uniform. Besides, here is a sumo wrester in a uniform who carries a baton. His waist must be around 50" or more. Every member of the senior DR military is equally "chapitado". They have gone farther. They have created dozens of uniforms, including weird camouflage uniforms for every occasion, except they have no reason for them. Generals wear this all black uniform with a baseball cap full of gold leafs and stand up everywhere they go as egomaniacs. Trujillo never carried a gun outside his uniform. He would carry a sable.

The ultimate joke is that at the last military parade I saw the most ridiculous thing ever.....commanding generals at the head of their brigades marching double-step wearing the gala uniform with their pants tucked inside their boots and screaming mottos with the soldiers. This is un-general-like behavior and makes them look like clowns. And still they talk about El Jefe!!

Who looks worst Hippo or Trujillo..???? Leonel or Trujillo? Hippo and Leonel can hardly tie a knot, let alone combine a suit & tie. I dare anyone find a picture of all three men standing in salute with a suit during the national anthem, post them side by side with photoshop and let everyone here vote on who looks like the real leader.

TW

Sep 20, 2003
would someone please post the following photos.

1.) some photos of president hippolite with the infamous suit he wore to dinner with the king of spain.(i saw a photo, but it was so small, i couldn't make out the details.)

2.) a photo of general jimenez with all of his medals. everyone sats he wears more than trujillo, now i am curious to see his photo.

also, i noticed in one photo that the president was wearing a collar and breast star order, was that a dominincan order or a foreign one? has president hippolite ever recieved any foreign decorations?

what is hippolite's family background? was his father one of trujillo's followers?

thank you for any information, especially photos. i want to see what everyone is talking about.

Last edited:

Bobs

Jan 8, 2002
The Hippo's here !

Today your great leader, the Big Honcho, El Top Banana, in short : the Hippo ....... arrived here in the Holland. It's my day off tomorrow, so I don't get to .... ehhh..... be around him. Unfortunately, some of my agents do. But, you folks don't need to worry. I left clear instructions to just drop him off for his boatride in the Amsterdam canals and get him on that plane pronto, so he can continue to collect those frequent flyer miles and finish his wonderful deeds for the island. I'll be down to check up on things again in december.
Todo en serio, nada en broma!

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Hey Bobs, any chance you can get a couple of hot and spicy Pics of Chopolito visiting the Red Light Dstrct?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: The Hippo's here !

Bobs said:
Today your great leader, the Big Honcho, El Top Banana, in short : the Hippo ....... arrived here in the Holland. It's my day off tomorrow, so I don't get to .... ehhh..... be around him. Unfortunately, some of my agents do. But, you folks don't need to worry. I left clear instructions to just drop him off for his boatride in the Amsterdam canals and get him on that plane pronto, so he can continue to collect those frequent flyer miles and finish his wonderful deeds for the island. I'll be down to check up on things again in december.
Todo en serio, nada en broma!

Well, somebody has to ask this -- Has he bought new pants yet?;)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I can't speak for anyone else. But, what I am most upset about is that he is wearing the pants and not someone else. I wouldn't mind half as much to look at those forlorn clothes if it was Leonel inside them.

Mi dos centavos.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
One of these days

I would love to see his suit in the national history museum someday. A tribute to Dominican Bad Taste
BTW for those of you looking for a new suit, I heard today that the infamous Crappolito suit was tailored at La Coru?a here in S.D. :paranoid: