Home Purchase

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Does anybody here recommend a website that I can look at homes for purchase in the DR? Specifically Northeast coast.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
My suggestion is rent for a minimum 6 months before you even consider buying. I owned property here for 13 or 14 years and now I am a very happy renter.
There is no such thing as a licensed realtor here. Lawyers are iffy at best. The only consistent thing is everybody wants your money and they will tell you what ever you want or need to hear.

scotia

Mar 18, 2004

I look at this site from time to time but find prices high, not that I am an expert on real estate there.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I would recommend a lady called Maja Fasting (it's pronounced like Mai-ya) , she is German and has been here for about 20 years. 100% honest realtor and very good at what she does. It's right that a lot of realtors are crooks here, but she honestly isn't. Most of the embassies and large foreign corporates use her.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Remember that you can work with a broker as a buying agent as well as a selling agent. If you get a good one, they will find a property for you. They take their commission from the seller, and quite often they can find properties that aren't on the open market.

Reactions: NAGUA

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If you rent for 6-8 months and you really like the nabe you then have the opportunity to perhaps make a deal direct with an owner. Or, thru friends that you might meet, that know you are looking , can direct you to an owner. It has worked for me in searching for a house that I'm in contract to buy.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Remember that you can work with a broker as a buying agent as well as a selling agent. If you get a good one, they will find a property for you. They take their commission from the seller, and quite often they can find properties that aren't on the open market.
I will ask. Thank you

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
If you rent for 6-8 months and you really like the nabe you then have the opportunity to perhaps make a deal direct with an owner. Or, thru friends that you might meet, that know you are looking , can direct you to an owner. It has worked for me in searching for a house that I'm in contract to buy.
This is how I like to work. Directly to the source.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
In addition, I worked out ( to suit my needs over the next six months and part of the deal) how I would pay for the house. Worked great for her even though I was told no Dominican would accept those terms.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Check your rental contract, because they sometimes say that if you buy the property you rented through a broker, you have to pay a further commission to the broker.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Check your rental contract, because they sometimes say that if you buy the property you rented through a broker, you have to pay a further commission to the broker.
And I'm sure the real estate board governing all licensed brokers and agents will strictly enforced this regulation. :cool: BTW where are their offices located?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm pretty sure you won't enjoy being in court with a Dominican broker you stiffed.