Homes for the elderly in Santiago or nearby?

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I've had too many variables to contend with, and my trip to the DR has been postponed to the first week of June. The upside is that I'll have as much time as I need to find the best care for my other that we can afford. Additionally, I won't have to return to California to pick her up since my sister(who hasn't been back to the DR since 1963)will bring her once I find a suitable place for her. A big thank you to all who have contributed to this thread; you've given me hope.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice. My aunt that lives by herself in my apartment in Santiago. She shouldn't be living by herself anymore, being forgetful about basic things. I don't live in DR but go from time to time to check in on her and am preparing to do so now and would like to have a plan beforehand. Are there any homes for the elderly in Santiago or nearby cities that you may recommend or know of that are reasonably affordable? Or any other solutions you might think of?

Thanks in advance

I would second what the Commander said, Find a Haitian woman and pay her 8000 pesos or maybe 10,000 ($215 or less) or so per month plus a place to sleep and food. She'll take care of you aunt as if it were her mother. I have contacts that could help you find someone f you want. PM me. The ones I know speak Spanish, I am assuming your aunt does also.

Der Fish

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I would second what the Commander said, Find a Haitian woman and pay her 8000 pesos or maybe 10,000 ($215 or less) or so per month plus a place to sleep and food. She'll take care of you aunt as if it were her mother. I have contacts that could help you find someone f you want. PM me. The ones I know speak Spanish, I am assuming your aunt does also.

Der Fish

Thanks Derfish!

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Hi everybody 

I'm in Santiago. Ive evaluated the situation here. I'm looking for someone to live with my aunt. Shes just forgetfull. It's like a baby sitter is what she needs. She's not at a point to go to a home. Someone to make sure she eats and takes her medicine. Cooking and cleaning as well. 

Do you know anybody?

Thanks