-Hotel downtown Puerto Plata ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
PP Hotel

I have stayed at the Lomar many times. Not bad. No noise, and hot water.
You will need transportation to go anywhere, since, as mentioned, there really aren't too many businesses close by. Portofino Guest House was not bad either, and is also a restaurant.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Just came back to Sosua from Puerta Plata. Stayed as usual at Hotel Victoriano. They have now added a new wing with new rooms at the first floor. The rooms are brand new, infact me and my friends was the first guests there. The rooms are much bigger than the old ones with brand new aircon, tv's, and furniture and nice bathrooms with hot water. The new rooms are a bit pricer though. We paid 1000 pesos, which I think maybe was a special price, but it was well worth it.

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
Hotel

I kind of believe that you get what you pay for. I could rough out rooms without A/C or electricity, or even with an insect here or there, but some of my friends can not. I have been stressed out, looking for good accomodations in the Sosua area for these guys.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I kind of believe that you get what you pay for. I could rough out rooms without A/C or electricity, or even with an insect here or there, but some of my friends can not. I have been stressed out, looking for good accomodations in the Sosua area for these guys.
Which guys?
I might have missed something.
Tell us what they want, budget, etc, and we should be able to find you something.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The new rooms were only 1000 pesos? That's not pricey at all.

No it's not pricey at all, I just pointed out that they were more expensive than the other old rooms which are 500 and 600 pesos. And yes we got a special price. A friend who arrived late in the evening when there jus was a empolyee present, was charced 1500, but that was for a double with one big and one medium sized bed.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
No it's not pricey at all, I just pointed out that they were more expensive than the other old rooms which are 500 and 600 pesos. And yes we got a special price. A friend who arrived late in the evening when there jus was a empolyee present, was charced 1500, but that was for a double with one big and one medium sized bed.
Would you mind clearing up which hotel we are talking about?
Although you wrote "Hotel Victoriano", I must have assumed wrongly that you meant "Victoria House" in Sosua, as the regular rooms sure aren't 600 pesos per night.
Is this a Puerto Plata hotel, or in Sosua?

Cancel that request.
I should have Googled it before.
I see now that it's a Puerto Plata hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.