Hotel El Caucho

A

apostropheman

How was your stay at El Caucho?
unfortunately i didn't get south that trip...and missed your pm here until far too late, sorry.

i will be heading south, exclusively i think, on my upcomming trip.
once i get my dates organized i'll pm you to see if you'll also be around.

chodebronson

Aug 31, 2006
the website is still down and tele disconnected, wondering if my reservation is still good, would much rather stay at el caucho then candil

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
There is a Difference...

is there really a difference between candil and caucho besides price ??
Yes.

1. Standards rooms at El Caucho are smaller than the standard rooms at El Candil.
2. Tighter security at El Candil
3. Younger management at El Caucho (both have good management)
4. El Caucho is further from the "nightlife" on Duarte

Nevertheless, when people recommend non-AI hotels in Boca Chica, both (as well as Costalunga) come recommended.

-Helpmann :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
thanks helpmann,
i just found out about costalunga yesterday. if i could impose on you to tell me if there are any advantages to costalunga compared to el candil...

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Keep Your Options Open

thanks helpmann,
i just found out about costalunga yesterday. if i could impose on you to tell me if there are any advantages to costalunga compared to el candil...
Unlike Candil and El Caucho where I have been a guest, I've never stayed at Costalunga (just a visitor.)

Costalunga has upgraded their security, so like Candil, everyone coming and going must be "buzzed in" to enter. Before the increase in security at Costalunga, I would have recommended Costalunga (security deters thieves, but it also deters "Dominicanas"); however, I would say they're about the same. El Candil's a block closer to the beach and has bigger rooms. Costalunga has an internet "cafe."

On my first trip to Boca Chica, I stayed in 3 different hotels (Zapata :(, Candil :), Caucho:).) Nevertheless, it wasn't until my second trip that I found something that worked for me.

Keep Your Options Open,
Helpmann :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
ok..i guess i'm sold for good on el candil..i will give peterri a call again soon...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
ok..i guess i'm sold for good on el candil..i will give peterri a call again soon...

Sad to say but the glory days of El Caucho are no more. Abbey is back in England and Don went back to Miami. El Caucho is still open and things look the same but without the old mananagement I doubt it could be the same.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Frank Perdue:

I remember reading of Abby's return on another website a month ago.

tambo'

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so is el caucho really that far from duarte. it doesn't look like it on the map. plus that means i can sleep at night..right ?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I read recently, in a post from Abbey elsewhere on the net, that he will be back at el Caucho in January, so I assume he's not there right now.

Having been in Boca Chica in November and talking with one of Abbey's best friend he is NOT at El Caucho now. I don't know how the rumors spread.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
so is el caucho really that far from duarte. it doesn't look like it on the map. plus that means i can sleep at night..right ?

It is about a ten minute walk to Route 66 Bar. The western end of Playa Boca Chica is a two minute walk. At night you need a moto to go back and forth to the strip.

I don't know about the current management, but If and when Abbey and Don return El Caucho is one of the best "guest friendly" hotels to stay at in Boca Chica.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i just came back on monday.i stayed at caucho for a few days.the rooms are good a/c worked dam good.i had to turn it off for awhile cause it was so cold.the staff was great.anything i needed whatever time it was was provided.i found this place thru francesco.wow..great guy!!!gave me the low down on everything.offered to pick me up from my hotel.he has a phone & internet shop by the beach.whatever i need he helped me obtain it.i have to say the guy is 1 in a million.if you dont know much and need help around the area i have to suggested to contact him.he is not lookin to rip ya off or needs a hand out.the guy is 100% genuine just trying to make your stay the best.
thanks francesco,
zach

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Abbey's Back?

I walked by El Caucho 2 Sundays ago and the security guard said that Abbey was still in England.

-Helpmann :ermm: