Hotel in the Colonial Zone

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
From US$365 a nite? :cheeky:

That's gonna hurt the beer money fund.

Hodelpa starting at $89. per night? U.S.? (Don't believe all the photos, rooms aren't that nice unless they re-did them in the last couple of years.) Rooms in front on the street have balconies but you get the street noise all night. Beer money saved. lol

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Take a close look at Casa Sánchez, if they can accommodate you with 6 rooms you will love it there.  Small, boutique hotel, will be good for your group. Great location. We parked in their lot with no issues too, it’s down a long driveway.  The bikes could enter first, I don’t think they’d even be visible from the street if my memory serves, then the van last, could work.  I’ll bet if you offered to pay for a night watchman it could be done.  Message Tropical Paul directly.  

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's gonna hurt the beer money fund.

Hodelpa starting at $89. per night? U.S.? (Don't believe all the photos, rooms aren't that nice unless they re-did them in the last couple of years.) Rooms in front on the street have balconies but you get the street noise all night. Beer money saved. lol

Yes - the rooms are new(er)

3grades...Novus up to Colonial up to the Luxury one

Natch - I stayed at the Novus...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Take a close look at Casa Sánchez, if they can accommodate you with 6 rooms you will love it there.  Small, boutique hotel, will be good for your group. Great location. We parked in their lot with no issues too, it’s down a long driveway.  The bikes could enter first, I don’t think they’d even be visible from the street if my memory serves, then the van last, could work.  I’ll bet if you offered to pay for a night watchman it could be done.  Message Tropical Paul directly.  
Thanks, on the radar now.

ChelseaRose

Jul 16, 2017
I live in la zona and have a motorcycle. Be warned- none of the public parking lots will take motorcycles, except for one. At that one I'm not sure if they officially take bikes or if you're just slipping the security guys a little extra per day to take it on the side, as the price is cheaper than for cars, but seems to vary depending on the day. There are always a couple bikes parked there, though, and I've parked there multiple times without problems. This public lot is on c. Arzobispo Merino, half a block south of c. Padre Billini. Parking is covered, 24 hr security.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
My suggestion would be to put the bikes in the car park on Jose Reyes, it's above the police station so it's safe. I'm not sure that the bus would fit there, but I don't think it would fit into most hotel car-parks either, so that would be something that the hotel you choose would have to think about. Of the hotels mentioned so far, I think Casa Sanchez would probably work best as it is more like a house and you could have exclusive use of at least part of it. And the pool and the jacuzzi are nice spaces for a group to hang out. Palacio has 41 bedrooms so you'd be lost as a group in there, Novus Plaza isn't doing at all well and is another big hotel that you'd be lost in. Casas del XVI is way too expensive, and I think Conde de Penalba scores on location but loses because there's no outside space and it can be noisy. If you want alternatives to Casa Sanchez you could think about Beaterio, which is on the corner of Parque Duarte so you've got the location, and it's small so it works for a group. There's also Luca which is a nice boutique hotel in 19 de Marzo.

Wherever you choose, now is a good time to book as all the hotels in the Colonial Zone are struggling right now, selling rooms at crazy low prices, and are likely to do a good deal for you, even though you're booking for a peak month.

Aug 21, 2007
If you are okay with parking somewhere else, I would recommend Casa Sanchez and also El Beaterio is a hidden gem. My absolute favorite place in La Zona really.

http://www.elbeaterio.com/

My favorite, too. But arrange parking. We had parts stolen off our car when we stayed there. Asked around, and there is a lot nearby where you can pay a local to watch your vehicle at night.

Lindsey

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
My favorite, too. But arrange parking. We had parts stolen off our car when we stayed there. Asked around, and there is a lot nearby where you can pay a local to watch your vehicle at night.

Lindsey

We didn’t have this trouble, but I can definitely see it being a problem.  

We found it wandering around La Zona in about 2013, it’s unassuming and even dull on the outside.  The interior is on my list of top 5 places in the country,  but I love historic architecture.  Ours was  the first wedding they hosted, and they have our picture up on their site now.  Very special little place, French owned and originally a convent built in the 1500s. 

Anyways, lots of options and best of luck cobraboy.  I hope one day we can do a tour with you!