Hotels in Sosua under $60/night

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Rocky's is on Dr Rosen, the same street as New Garden Hotel. If you walk out of Rocky's you make a right, walk 100 yards and you are at New Garden Hotel. Casa Valeria is between Rocky's and New Garden.

I spent four nights at New Garden Hotel last month and was quite pleased with the hotel.

Thanks for the quick response!!!

militantmidget

Apr 5, 2006
Rocky's is on Dr Rosen, the same street as New Garden Hotel. If you walk out of Rocky's you make a right, walk 100 yards and you are at New Garden Hotel. Casa Valeria is between Rocky's and New Garden.

I spent four nights at New Garden Hotel last month and was quite pleased with the hotel.

Does anyone here have any contact info for New Garden Hotel? A website or phone number would really help. Thanks. I've stayed in europa in may and now I am looking for somewhere more low key. Thanks

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Hola mi amigos...

I'm sitting at my desk at the New Garden Ketti at this writing. Wi-fi... Paying 45 US a nite for the top room. After sleeping in milk trucks summers on Cape Cod when the earth was cooling and in college, I try for a "little more upscale" now that I'm an old fart.

Rocky's is superb ...not so fancy schmancy but well located and priced low and fairly. Roll out of the sack for coffee/beers/wi-fi--right there.

New Garden Ketti...Very good--naw, excellent..great owner (Lorenzo) and his right hand man William. Need a light bulb? Instant action. Loose connection on yer TV...Lorenzo, owner, at your service. They CARE about your comfort. I'd whine if I were hung with a new rope but this new Garden Ketti is outstanding.

200 metres north of Rocky's and with smaller supermercado next to Rocky's.

Different strokes for different folks but the Rocky's for lower price/and no A/C and New Garden Ketti's are hard to beat. Perfect locations...

Good luck and happy landings always...

Ol' fart Phil

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
tlc, i really don't think you have anything to fear..just remember be cautious of your surroundings....you'll be okay...

diego200

Jan 30, 2006
between "New Garden" and "El Colibri" what is the best choice for a familly (2 adults and a child) ?

Thx, Diego

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
between "New Garden" and "El Colibri" what is the best choice for a familly (2 adults and a child) ?

Thx, Diego

El Colibri is very nice but far from the main Sosua beach. You will need a moto every where you go. You might not enjoy the moto rides.

New Garden allows "guests" to visit but it is very low profile. New Garden Hotel is much closer to the beach, restaurants, shopping, etc. I stayed at New Garden with my friend and her daughter (4 years old) and felt quite comfortable. Sure you will notice men coming in with their "girlfriends" but New Garden does not allow any funny stuff going on insight of other guests.

My pick? New Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.