How can I find my grandfather family who died

deedeenj

Nov 3, 2009
Hi, I was wondering how I can actually obtain information on finding my grandfather family. They’re from the capital and his last name was Richardson. he died when my mother was very young and really hurts her that she didn’t get to grow up with his side of the family and I really wanna make that dream come true for her. is there a way that I can find out where he was buried so that I can find the family? All I know is his name and that he died in 1956- 1958. I know they live in the capital but I’m not sure if that can really help. There’s no DR ID I heard. So don’t know what to do.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Actually the old ones here are still reading newspapers (remember the one's made with real paper) and the have special colums for this kind of issues.
Put your ads there and if you are lucky you get some info. Put as many known details as available. I guess with 100-200 $US you cover all of them. GOOD LUCK !

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My husband says most of the people who died at that time were buried in the cemetery on Independencia near the park. He suggests you start with that church.

If no luck there, try the cemetery on Maximo Gomez. Good luck.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe try one of the DNA tests. My wife (Dominican) did one and over the years she has had a few hundred hits, mostly 2nd and 3rd cousins she does not know. She already has probably a couple hundred cousins she already knows. It mights give you a place to start.