Mar 12, 2007
Hi

Can someone please tell me how to get from Santiago to Cabarete

My family lives in between Santiago and La Vega off la Autopista Duarte

Thank you

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Caribe tours is the bus that will bring you to Paradise...You will land in a quaint village called Charamico. From there it is just a 20 minute journey to your final destination.........

Hope this helps!

Mike

ReD_HeAd

Mar 12, 2007
Thanks Mike

With Caribe Tours - I can take a cab from there to Cabarete?

I wanted to drive from Santiago to Cabarete

I am taking some co-workers and will be renting a car .. I usually drive my parents car around but I can't use it at that time

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
new parada in Cabarete

There is a new stop on the Caribe tour line...

It's right in front of ApartHotel Caracol en "Plaza media luna" from Sosua, it is just before entering downtown Cabarete

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Red,

This is good advice, its the best and SAFEST route

I don't know the names of the roads leading to Sosua and Cabarete, I know there are two from Santiago, we've driven through there many times, there's the winding(sp?) road and the more wider road but from what I see on this map Sabaneta is way off and if he wants to leave from Santiago, he definilty shouldn't go back to La Vega???????

Dominican Republic - Trip Planner - Yahoo! Travel

click on the Dominican republic map and then keep zooming in click on Santiago or Puerto Plata and keep zooming in and you'll see the roads, too bad there are no names or route numbers. but there are some on this site that can help you, hopefully they'll come on and name the roads.

Sep 19, 2005
well the most direct route from Moca to Route 1 (autopista) is route 211 it is almost a dead 90 degree angle from rte 1 out of Moca....if the OP parents live closer to La Vega, then following route 21 from route JUST west of La Vega might be the better route...then go through Moca on 21...staying on that road all the way THROUGH Moca, into a little town called San Victor....there is a gas station on the left side, at the "turn" to go up into the mountain in San Victor.....as far as the route it isnt a turn really...it is following route 21 still...but in real life it is a 90 degree right turn....

if the op comes up to route 211 on the autopista..then when he comes into Moca he needs to turn left onto Antonio de La Maza, and follow that all the way to the intersection of route 21, and turn, left...when you come to the next fork you need to stay right( signs should say sabaneta and or San Victor, and or Tamboril....the road to the left should say Santiago-Li Cey al Medio.....bear right!!!!which is STAYING on toute 21!!

from the map I do see that there is a small road that goes to Sosua directly out of Jamao Norte..itm is dotted on my map...so the road cant be that great...route 21 continues THROUGH Jamao Norte onto Sabaneta De Yasica and the intersection of route 5.

If i remember right I dont think there are good signs at the intersection of Route 1 and route 211...there is an over pass there, and some residual construction....and the entrance to 211 may be a temorary entrance at this time....

GOOD LUCK..

bob

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
Santiago to Cabarete

I agree I wouldn't go back to La Vega to get to Cabarete from Santiago. However I don't know the names of the streets either, but there is a road that I have taken many many times it leaves the north east side of Santiago and goes into the mountains. Its not a very good road its windy and a little risky. However I have driven thru there many times very safely take your time and you should be fine. It comes out to a very safe road and puerto plata is to the left Sousua and Cabarete to the right. Its a direct route and I think it would serve you well.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Road from Moca to Sabaneta/Cabarete closed on Tues.

Bad mudslide on downslope near Moca. Route #25 from Santiago to near Charmicos much improved Tues. with scaping and many potholes repaired. Two weeks ago, the road was terrible.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
While it may seem like you're backtracking, the Moca Highway (Route 21) is quicker, safer, and more direct to Cabarete than the Turistica Highway (Route 25) or the Autopista... if you're going to Puerto Plata or Sosua, the other routes may be quicker.

Sep 19, 2005
Bad mudslide on downslope near Moca. Route #25 from Santiago to near Charmicos much improved Tues. with scaping and many potholes repaired. Two weeks ago, the road was terrible.

Yes you are correct, and it was still closed on wed. but on thursday it was open again. and we took it...believe it or not it wasnt a mudslide, as we went by the troubled spot. It was where the rock face on the uphill side of the road fell down onto the road.....so as such it was a faster fix to just push it off the mountain , that the usual FILLING IN.

and to tell you the truth me and my GF were both amazed at how dangerous what it still there looks like....huge pieces of rock 20-30 feet above you over the highway seem about to slpinter agin and come crashing down onto the road...not a good situation.....

and i went through Moca thursday and picked up 21 and went on to San Victor..and i hate to say it but the split for staying on route 21 to san victor isnt marked at all....if you miss it , you are heading into Li cey on route 14, instead of going to san victor and staying on 21.

bob

ReD_HeAd

Mar 12, 2007
My parents house is in the middle of Santiago and La Vega .. .. I have travelled both ways but of course soemone else was driving.. Moca was the quickest ..

Thanks for all the info

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Robert!!?? IF YOU"D READ my directions, you would have noted the big TEXACO sign up ahead on the road to San Victor....If you gave me directions by Route numbers I'd end up in Pedernales for sure. In this country I always go by things you can see along the way....

Like this last weekend (Easter), I was out east and I asked the guy at the gate to Cap Cana where the best grocery store was.
He gave me this left right left thing and i was like, HUH??? WTF?? then he gave me the NAME of the place....so I took off for Veron the tiny hamlet that borders Punta Cana.

Since I had to get gas (diesel) I stopped at the big Shell station at this major intersection. I asked for the store by name. "Yeah," he says, "right down that road about two kilometers."

Shore nuf, there it was.

When I went back to Cap Cana, I told the guy, "Look, just tell people to go to Veron and then take a right at the Shell station...forget that left right left sh!t!"

Oh well....it was fun out there.....

Santo Domingo sucks without a car....

HB, vehicleless...