How offensive is the word sankie ???

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
You keep writing about these whales but truth be told I think most sankie victims are beautiful young women / men. I've seen sankies in action about 4 times. Three out of the four times the men might as well have been monkies and the women were fit, young and beautiful. The other time the guy was just as ugly but he was talking to a fit young and handsome man. Never seen any "Canadian Whales" ... I just don't understand it !!!!!!

beauty is subjective my friend especially if you're over 50. if you've spent any time around couples, you would see that.

anyway, back to the topic.

bjones

Sep 4, 2002
Name Callin'

Name calling in any language is dangerous, especially if you are an "outsider". My advice would be to avoid name calling if you do not have the knack for inserting things in the appropriate place at the appropriate time.

Sep 19, 2005
Just like any other con artists, they dont want to be found out. So if you speak it to one, it is offensive...if you call someone who isnt even close to being one...they might laugh....

A magician hates for the public to discover his secrets.......

just like years ago a guy is hitting on a babe at the local bar, and one of the other patrons blabs out, dont talk to him he is a playboy....the guy will get ticked off....only because they might have ruined a good score..

bob

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
It depends on who utters it .... if used by another sankie, it would be considered a greeting by a fellow "professional". But, if used by a tourist or fellow Dominican, they would know it's derogatory and will likely kick one's a$$.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
MAAAAA, me encante el Limoncello!!!!!.

Just wondering...to a normal Dominican man ??? All my understanding of this word has been gained from DR1 only....
I know I am "late" to the party but let me "slap you into reality":

ALL Dominicans know what a Sankie is!!.

The one that say they don't know, it's because they are one themselves.

The ones that are offended, whether they are sankie or not, it's because to MOST Dominicans, Sankies are the scum of the earth.

MOST Dominicans DO NOT want to be associated with a Sankie, even if they had known the person all their lives. As soon as they find their friend because a Sankie, MOST WILL turn their backs on him/her.

Crap, even their own families, at the most part, wants NOTHING to do with them.

What is there to brag about?. They don't want their family and friends to know one in the family is a male/female hooker.

Even Sankies get annoyed when they are asked if they are Sankies. MOST even like to make believe they don't know what a Sankie is.

Why in hell admit to being the lowest of the lowlives in the DR?.

Sankies have a BAAAAD reputation in the DR and that's the reason ALL Sankies get annoyed or act stupid when you ask them if they are Sankies or if they know what a Sankie is.

So, to answer your question, YES "Sankie" is a very bad word in the DR, especially if the person you are asking is indeed a Sankie!!. Trust me, it's VEEEEERY offensive!!. MUCHO!.

Now, if you ask a respected and well educated Dominican if he/she is a Sankie, they will be more than offended, BIG TIME!!. Why?, because how dare you compare them to some scum of the earth!!!.

Ps: Where in hell is Margaret, my Limoncello drinking partner?. Hey darling, 5 people are missing you right now, including Mr. 'Limon', hahahahahahahaha!.

Last edited: