How Soon will the peso reach 50 to 1 for the USD?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
KEN, I was here in 1986, the "Official Rate" was 2 to 1, but we both know that we got the "Unofficial Rate", which was several times that!
"Those Were THE Days"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"And Even The Nights Were Better", as the song goes.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The DR, "OWES" Venezuela 3,500,000,000 US "Dolores", and a similar amount in foreign and domestic debt.
And we really don't know if that amt. shows the full amount.
The peso weakens against the US dollar on a daily basis. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
But, the Euro is fluctuating greatly, on a daily basis,losing value against the lowly peso.
Not GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for the "Europeskis:!
45 to 1 against tye US dollar in Dec. would keep me happy!

Last edited:

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
economics 101

Of course, I know that you know that if you speculate a continued devaluation of the peso, you shold be in dollars and viceversa. To play it safe, 50-50.

what's is the big deal? The real issue is not what the exchange rate is BUT what you can buy with $1 usd translated into pesos. The peso is devaluated but prices go up in Pesos. So you want $1 usd to be = to 100pesos but a beer will cost 200 pesos, right?

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
The American dollar is do for a big crash as the world is moving away of using the American dollar for trade and buying petroleum. The Chinese are trying to use up all their dollars buying up all the land and industries in the US. India China Japan and many Asian countries also Brazil are willing to do trade in their own currencies and not the American dollar. The American dollar is on very thin ice.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
And that answer depends largely on many other factors outside of the DR. If the Federal Reserve decides to switch from a weak dollar to a strong dollar policy, that would of course be very bad for the peso. If Chavez dies, and he is not well at all, then the Petrocaribe agreement would be in danger and that would have a massive and immediate effect on the economy of the DR and by extension the peso.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
This should be the #1 concern for anyone with interests in the DR. If that deal collapses the gubmint will be severely starved for hard cash...of catastrophic proportions.

The DR gubmint has gotten somewhat fat off almost free gas and diesel...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The American dollar is do for a big crash as the world is moving away of using the American dollar for trade and buying petroleum. The Chinese are trying to use up all their dollars buying up all the land and industries in the US. India China Japan and many Asian countries also Brazil are willing to do trade in their own currencies and not the American dollar. The American dollar is on very thin ice.
Many argue that's the current plan...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
KEN, I was here in 1986, the "Official Rate" was 2 to 1, but we both know that we got the "Unofficial Rate", which was several times that!
"Those Were THE Days"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"And Even The Nights Were Better", as the song goes.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The DR, "OWES" Venezuela 3,500,000,000 US "Dolores", and a similar amount in foreign and domestic debt.
And we really don't know if that amt. shows the full amount.
The peso weakens against the US dollar on a daily basis. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
But, the Euro is fluctuating greatly, on a daily basis,losing value against the lowly peso.
Not GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for the "Europeskis:!
45 to 1 against tye US dollar in Dec. would keep me happy!
Being a europeski I applaud every peso that the euro loses. (Especially when the dollar keeps going up). But that's because I'm not living on a European income. Can't wait till dollar and euro are both 50