How to get involved in DR tourism?

catsmeow

Apr 29, 2007
Saludos!
I'm in love with Santo Domingo after studying there years ago. I'm now watching the tourism industry explode and see this as an opportunity to work with and in the country I love. I am bilingual and have a college degree. I have a few ideas of how to start, but does anyone have suggestions?
!Mil gracias!

Feb 9, 2006
Idea: Get the selfish bastards to align themselves with the real world. Mexico is charging $99.00 to access their "paradise", and that's still too much. Perhaps a reduction in tax to the traveller would be in order? Greedy, fricken Dominican ****s. I'm going to Disneyland.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Pork Chop,
It's the price of accessing paradise... and a lot less than accessing Disneyland for a few days. Enjoy your time with the mouse :bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While it might be a few years down the line, I do think that the Southwest coast might be a major tourist area. Perhaps not so much for beaches-which are not a pretty as the east, but because of an incredible variety of other attractions: Lake Enriquillo, the mountains in Neiba with their wine factories and rain forests, the total wilderness of the area..and the availability of visiting Haiti (if they ever get their act together)..
Like I said , it is a few years away...

More immediately, there are tourist service vacuums that need to be filled. You just have to do your homework.

Good luck,

HB

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
More immediately, there are tourist service vacuums that need to be filled. You just have to do your homework.

Good luck,

HB

specially on the upscale side of thing. Lot's of project of that sort hitting the market at the same time and not enough well qualified professionals for that level of catering within the island, at least at the momment.

catsmeow

Apr 29, 2007
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the suggestions HB and aegap. Any specific projects or companies to focus on? You've given me industries, and that's a great start, but any specifics? Gracias!