How to send a letter to the Dominican Republic

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Well, i cant complain Aboutaleb them. I receive everything they send me, but ..... Always registered mail.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
A letter and a couple of photos may get through. Save copies of the photos.

The postal service isn't useless, it's patchy.

There are intelligent people in authority at INPOSDOM who are striving to improve it.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Hello to all :) I just made an account to ask this, as I am very confused with the international mailing system...

I am trying to send a letter to my boyfriend, who lives in Los Minas in Santo Domingo- I am not too sure if a letter would even go through. I live in Boston, MA. Can someone explain the process, and is the Dominican Mailing System/whatever sends it genuinely trustworthy? I do know the format in which what the letter has to be send

First name and Last name -
Street and # -
City -Vietnam, Los Mina
Country -Republica Dominicana or Dominican Republic

But I am completely confused about how to actually have it get there and the different ways of how to have it arrive.

It usually takes my letters two weeks to arrive. I only had a problem once, and that's when I put a small amount of cash money in it. I anticipated that it would not arrive. I have sent business documents to my lawyer, as well as checks, and the items always arrived within two weeks, if not sooner. If your friend lives in a high density area, like El Almirante in Santo Domingo Este, then there is much to write on the envelope. Addresses for sectors such as Gascue look like US addresses and have zip codes. Just make sure that you have the complete address, including the sector, row, and building, for high density areas.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
So your boyfriend doesn't have an address? He can't provide HIS own address? He should be the one to be doing the "research" locally, on how mail can reach him and then, let you know.