hoy se bebe

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I thiught there was no hard evidence for her letting her baby drink.

FB posing is not the same as actual evidence. I have a picture of my young son with a big unlit cigar. That doesn't prove I am letting him smoke cigars.

3 months in 'presa' seems rather harsh

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
fascinating that when the news came out the comments were:
deberian someterla por abusadora
debe el conani quitarle la bebe por irresponsable e inmadura, no todo el mundo puedo trar un hijo al mundo, inconciente, mala madre
carcel carcel y mas carcel a ver si aprende que la vida no es beber y bailar bachata
Porque no se toman medidas contra esta vagabunda
Hay que hacer algo y dar ejemplo, llamen a conani

and as soon as she gets punished:
Creo que es un error. Esa carajita (de 18 a?os) necesita ayuda y orientaci?n, el maltrato y la c?rcel solo pueden convertirla en una delincuente real.
Tiempos extranos estos... Una nina victima de una sociedad como esta que ni siquiera sabe escribir ni leer , la mandan a prision por 3 meses y lo celebran por todo lo alto, condenando a esta pobre infeliz que no tiene culpa de no tener una educacion minima ni tener idea de como criar a una bebe
Es triste. Una madre muy joven. Eso lo hace la inexperiencia. Aunque es bueno que aprenda la lecci?n, el castigo fue muy dr?stico, debi? ser de otra naturaleza.

ech....

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
What is "remand" ? Probation ?

She is being held in prison for three months while the prosecutor prepares a court case. It is similar to being held without bail after an arrest.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
She should have received a suspended sentence/probation - the shaming should have been enough to make her see sense and to serve as an example. As people pointed out, there's no actual proof she was giving the baby booze, just posing with the bottle.
Of course, she is as thick as pigsh?t but if that were a crime very few people would be out on the streets.

May 12, 2005
image-600x584.jpg

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
That "Hoodbooger" has not learned a lesson. Instead of this being a lesson well learned she will wear it la a badge of honor. Poor child my prayers are with the baby.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Remember the 18 year old mother who posted a photo of her 2 year old drinking a beer?

I was really surprised when she was given 90 days in jail.
Yesterday she was released!
Seems she knows a lawyer, who's brother is also a lawyer, and a government official, senator, I think!
A "New Judge" said here sentence was to "Harsh", and was "Offensive" to her!
THAT is NOT a "Surprise"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

A news story in "Diario Libre" today.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Today's DR1 News:
Young woman who posed giving beer to baby released from jail
A Santiago appeals court ordered the release of 18-year old Estephany Estevez yesterday, Wednesday, 3 December 2014. The young mother provoked outrage last month after she posted photos of herself on Facebook, apparently initiating her baby into beer drinking. Judge Martha Martinez originally sent her to three months preventive custody.
The Penal Chamber of the Court of Appeals also ordered the young woman to make regular appearances at the Psychological Assistance and Conduct office at the Justice Department's Gender Unit in Santiago.
Disponen libertad de joven que public? fotos de su hija con botella de cerveza - listindiario.com
Dejan en libertad a joven que habr?a dado cerveza a su hija de 11 meses - DiarioLibre.com

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Considering that the purpose of an arraignment is basically to make sure that the "suspect" won't escape during the time that the prosecutor has to build up the case and present an accusation, I agree that her initial arraignment was too harsh. "Prision preventiva" is usually for murders, "atracos", etc, or when it is very likely that the person will run away: e.g. Someone at flight risk.

They just wanted to make an example out of her. HOPEFULLY she's learned something so far out of this situation.
By the way, there's a pic going around of FB of a mom and her kid holding a shotgun. Anyone seen it? Maybe they'll move on to her!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Considering that the purpose of an arraignment is basically to make sure that the "suspect" won't escape during the time that the prosecutor has to build up the case and present an accusation, I agree that her initial arraignment was too harsh. "Prision preventiva" is usually for murders, "atracos", etc, or when it is very likely that the person will run away: e.g. Someone at flight risk.

They just wanted to make an example out of her. HOPEFULLY she's learned something so far out of this situation.
By the way, there's a pic going around of FB of a mom and her kid holding a shotgun. Anyone seen it? Maybe they'll move on to her!

You know dislike was a mistake.;)