Human Rights: Release Prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Prison should be for violent offenders only. Most non violent offenders shouldn't be in there in the first place, so it's a good idea to let the non violent out, hope Medina follows thru, with adjustments of course. the go ahead and spring free the 3/4 sentence could be abused, so probably best to take those on a case by case basis.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
They are doing this in other societies. Expect the DR to follow suit.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They are doing this in other societies. Expect the DR to follow suit.

If they do, I hope it’s done carefully and individually. People in preventive custody for murder, like Lindsay’s husband and his crew, should stay behind bars.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If they do, I hope it’s done carefully and individually. People in preventive custody for murder, like Lindsay’s husband and his crew, should stay behind bars.

This is most definitely a concern, as those awaiting coercive measures and possess resources can always "claim" a secondary health issue in order to get themselves out of this type of temporary custody. Once out, they will be gone forever, or until caught again.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Terrible idea to release violent offenders and ladrones back into a society already stripped of resources.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If they are non violent and/ or only have a bit of time left why not let them go. Keeping them seems to be a bigger problem then letting them go.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Terrible idea to release violent offenders and ladrones back into a society already stripped of resources.

Persons in preventive custody or awaiting coercive measures, have not been convicted of a crime as of yet. As mentioned with the case above, those involved could walk.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Persons in preventive custody or awaiting coercive measures, have not been convicted of a crime as of yet. As mentioned with the case above, those involved could walk.

I'm fairly certain the Dominican Authorities are not stupid enough to release anyone waiting on a MURDER trial.....or rape, assault or kidnapping for that matter....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm fairly certain the Dominican Authorities are not stupid enough to release anyone waiting on a MURDER trial.....or rape, assault or kidnapping for that matter....

Yes. They are that stupid.
The people who are pushing
this idea should ask the Orleans
and St. Benard Parrish Sheriff Dept
how well that worked out shortly after
Katrina hit. Bad idea. Very bad idea.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If they are non violent and/ or only have a bit of time left why not let them go. Keeping them seems to be a bigger problem then letting them go.

Something to think about, maybe they have no place to go and no support from family or friends.
Not DR related but in Massachusetts they were looking at cases of convicts to release. The jails responded some need to stay because they have nowhere to go. In these cases they are better off left in jail.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Yes. They are that stupid.
The people who are pushing
this idea should ask the Orleans
and St. Benard Parrish Sheriff Dept
how well that worked out shortly after
Katrina hit. Bad idea. Very bad idea.

I don't think so.
I reread the list of qualifications and its all minor criminal behavior type stuff. have some faith! we'll need it.
also, yes Katrina was a real screw job.

Feb 7, 2007

A thief that broke into my place (and many others, including nuns' run elderly facility home) was caught and is in preventive custody. It was him as he is on video. I (and many others) were on the preventive custody hearing. So according to your logic, as this person has not yet been convicted so he should walk? Are you sick?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
A thief that broke into my place (and many others, including nuns' run elderly facility home) was caught and is in preventive custody. It was him as he is on video. I (and many others) were on the preventive custody hearing. So according to your logic, as this person has not yet been convicted so he should walk? Are you sick?

And a pleasant, good afternoon to you as well.

I am truly filled with compassion that you have had this malefaction occur towards you. Being the victim of a crime is a very distressing situation in of itself, heightened only by when said transgression occurs in and where one feels most safe.

I am not affiliated with the Ministry of Justice. I am not affiliated with any human rights advocacy groups. I do not support criminals of any type or sort, as I myself once lost a family member to the horrible crime of murder. I mention this, because your questions towards me could not be more incorrect or more misguided. It is not my logic in question, as I did not create the thread line, I did not write the article within Listin Diario, and I do not believe that one bloody criminal should be released from prison or preventive custody, regardless of whatever illness is spreading.

I only stated the obvious in that persons in preventive custody or awaiting coercive measures, have not been convicted of a crime as of yet, and whether it be due to financial means, legalize, or human rights advocates, persons as such MAY walk during the hysteria of the current illness.

I hope this response correctly answers the questions you posed towards me. I am now off to enjoy lunch on my patio.

Enjoy the remainder of your day, as you so see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.