Hydrofoil Surfing in Cabarete

Big

Apr 24, 2019
they have mad skills. They are also not using the traditional kite with the harness and cables.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
What amazes me is that it doesn't look like it takes much strength to hang on to that kite/wing(?). With regular kite surfing, the kite is also connected to a harness around the body because of the force the kite produces. Looks like more fun than regular kite surfing.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
ballet and kitesurfing are two different sports
Impressve skills!. But damn boring. Kitesurfing is another animal. But yes these wings for rivers, where it is difficult to rig the lines – fine

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
What amazes me is that it doesn't look like it takes much strength to hang on to that kite/wing(?). With regular kite surfing, the kite is also connected to a harness around the body because of the force the kite produces. Looks like more fun than regular kite surfing.
More fun?!?

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I tried learning kite surfing years ago, it's hard, needs a lot of practice...(forget 1 week advertising lessons, it's for tourists to get them hooked and get their money), was a lot easier doing windsurfing for me though..., I like to give this a try, but the body might refuse to cooperate now...! 🥴

This is all a rage around the world, they call it wing surfing mostly. But the foil that lifts up the board from the water helps a lot, for both this and kite surfing, to reduce stress on the knees. The board does not hit all the ripples and waves on the water and the foil has contact smoothly under the water (well, unless some guys like the waves...). Though first have to get to speed to get the lift...!