I am Finally Back from Boca Chica

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Ingrate

Yakitori (AKA Chicken on a stick)

I tried to help you!
I gave you the E mail address, the telephone number and a Spanish translation to speak to Maria or Sandy and ask for the English speaking owners.
You never once even attempted to say thank you......NEVER!
All you do is whine about not having a reservation.
If I owned a hotel and got 15 E mails from some annoying Gringo, I might not respond within 5 minutes either. Good luck securing your reservation.
Have fun with the Haitian Hookers on Duarte street, I hope you have a better attitude en la cama!

Lechero

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
Lechero,
You are right I never did say thank you and i should have. You have been trying to help me and I do appreciate that. However, all my attempts have not worked. Regarding the spanish thing, i also appreciated that but have found that this usually gets me into more trouble because the person on the other end usually then assumes some level of spanish comprehension, which is not the case (I read write and speak Japanese fluently, so I have some ability with language, just not spanish). ANyway I guess i will keep trying.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
i'll ask them

Yakitori,

I go there Wednesday, and will confirm with Petteri or Guiseppe for you. I'll just mention the emails, and your concerns..I'm sure they'll know who you are.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
bcmike,
Thanks that would be a huge help. I am trying to book a two bedroom apartment from Sept. 14 to Sept 19. Any info welcome.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
no problemo

Yakitori said:
bcmike,
Thanks that would be a huge help. I am trying to book a two bedroom apartment from Sept. 14 to Sept 19. Any info welcome.

I'll chat with them about the dates. I can't imagine that they would be anywhere near full then.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
B.C. vacation- El Candil

Yokitori, why don't you stop knocking your head up against the wall. If you dont't get a response from them try Costa Lunga, which is around the corner. Or try the Zapata.
Point being there are other very nice privately owned and opreated hotel to stay at with equal or better accommadations and facilities at similiar prices.
Most importantly, have a good time.
Luck, John

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I can kind of understand yakatori's frustration. I too have found the response to be kinda slow to actualy confirm. I have learned however that things are just more layed back there and being a NYC'r i am accustomed to prompt customer service. I realize that things move more slower there (except the drivers)....but i would think that they would take into consideration that some travelers want to have things booked and confirmed so as not to worried. I have gotten used to the slower pace....but i can understand the anxiety of a first time traveler to a new place.

There HAVE been times where petteri has explained that there has been problems with his email service.

But eventualy things have always worked out. I am assuming that they are just waiting till the actual date nears to wrap up the confirmation.

If THINGS however dont work out....costalunga is right around the corner and is comperable (i just like the layout at candil better).

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
boca chica

also try hotel garant. stayed many times. it is as good as costa lunga ,wich i have also stayed

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Yak , no problems

Yakatori,

They should have replied to you by now, if not, they KNOW that you are coming, so worry not. And there are are countless hotels around there that are fine. If you get into El Candil, take Maria gifts...we gave her a bag with cosmetics, money, and wine, and someones gonna get lucky..

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yakatori.

Private Message me and i will call down there myself for you. NO...i dont work for them...nor do i make any profit for referring you to them. I am sure it would just be nice to have a confirmation before you arrive. I know they are slow to respond...but i would think by now you would have some sort of communication via emai. Ya aint flooding them with emails are you? they could think that you are a nuicance and just avoid you. But i thought another poster was going to stop by and check into things for you.....any luck?

again...PM me and i can call from work this week

jj

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Question

Yakitori said:
You're not listening are you. I can't get either of them on the phone when i call, or when i do, they say they will answer my email but then don't .

Instead of asking them to answer the e-mail why don't you just ask them to confirm the reservation when you are talking to them? I understand that language is not a barrier.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
What a production!

ricktoronto said:
Instead of asking them to answer the e-mail why don't you just ask them to confirm the reservation when you are talking to them? I understand that language is not a barrier.

This is some production to make a hotel reservation!
I have been to DR and back and he is still making a reservation.
Maybe try Las Vegas or Miami instead.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Lechero said:
This is some production to make a hotel reservation!
I have been to DR and back and he is still making a reservation.
Maybe try Las Vegas or Miami instead.

No kidding. Still I cannot understand if you are able to get through and you are talking to the actual guys, why you'd say "answer the e-mail! " when you could say, "have you got my room reserved?" I bet the two guys are at the end of their rope , of course since they are going to be 1/2 full at best it matters not an iota.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Grand Pollo:

I was considerate, I was not sure if you wanted me to mention the hotel around the corner and Mario's phone number!

Lechero

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Lechero said:
Grand Pollo:

I was considerate, I was not sure if you wanted me to mention the hotel around the corner and Mario's phone number!

Lechero

Hey it is no picnic getting them to answer e-mail at all , but if you speak Spanish they ALWAYS answer the phone and take reservations. 809-523-6883. (Psssst........the Costalunga). English is a bit of a chore. I have someone there do my reservations if I make a spontaneous choice to go, and I also make the next one when I leave on the current visit. I will book Xmas, for example, next week.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
yaks angst

You should be set with a rez now. Let us know so WE don't flood the Candil server with msgs. Have a great trip. :bandit: And don't hit on mi amigas.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
Guys I finally got through and it is squared away. thanks for all your help. Will post trip report when i get back.