I cant get my money from Scotiabank Sosua

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hillbilly said:
And she told me that "unless you had deposited checks (US$ checks) in your account, there should be no reason at all that you cannot withdraw ALL of your funds at any time." If you deposited a dollar check, that will take as much as 45 "working days" or 9 weeks to clear...

I think a quiet chat with the local manager is in need of taking place. Just a sort of "Look, your bank is losing a lot of customers with dollars because of your treatment of my account, dont you see?" That sort of thing.

Good luck and keep us posted...

HB:)
Thanks Luis Ive done that, Ive told them Im taking all my dollars except the minimum, they're arranging it Im seeing Scott tonight.... Are you coming?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Gringo said:
When your money comes through why don't you just rent a safety depoit box at Scotia Bank and come and go with your money as you please? ( No questions asked)

Good Luck

Gringo
Would you believe it, I thought your idea was brilliant Gringo so I asked....guess what?? first they didnt know what I was talking about and then after they made a few phone calls, they informed me they might have some of these boxes in a few months time,, DUH,, I wonder which supermarket they'll try to buy them in, perhaps they intend to just put a few on the counter for convenience of customers,, you just have to laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Ladybird said:
Your attitude may have upset the people at the bank but I always get on well with them. No it was nothing personal from someone in high places to keep money from me personally, I have established that and so has my bank. If youd bothered to read Golos info first on Banco Central and the dollar etc etc, you could have saved yourself some brain power instead of attacking me. The bank were given over a weeks notice that I wanted those funds,, If youd read further you would have seen they did issue me with a cheque for USD. They have succeeded in preventing me exchanging at a time when the exchange was 53, but I can wait... You are not dealing with a child dear boy, my abacus is well worn,, consider your *** spanked :cheeky:

As Tina stated so correctly, my comment was not of the attacking nature! IF?WHEN I get to that stage with anyone, believe me they KNOW it!! It was a QUESTION because I know how easy it is to upset people here. I have learned my lesson from past experience & am now much more reticent in demanding 'MY' perceived rights as a customer.

I don't wish to offend further than you already feel I have offended you, but I must say that it would take quite a bit more of a lady than yourself to "Spank my ***"!! Agreed we have met for 1/2 hour or so but you really do not "KNOW" me. Check that out with the people where we met!! - Grahame.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Safety Deposit box's

Ladybird said:
Would you believe it, I thought your idea was brilliant Gringo so I asked....guess what?? first they didnt know what I was talking about and then after they made a few phone calls, they informed me they might have some of these boxes in a few months time,, DUH,, I wonder which supermarket they'll try to buy them in, perhaps they intend to just put a few on the counter for convenience of customers,, you just have to laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A friend of mine inquired about renting a box at the new Scotia bank in Pto.Pta, He was told that there had been a run on these box's and all were rented out!
Go figure?

Gringo

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Gringo said:
A friend of mine inquired about renting a box at the new Scotia bank in Pto.Pta, He was told that there had been a run on these box's and all were rented out!
Go figure?

Gringo

Gee I wonder why that is?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
BushBaby said:
As Tina stated so correctly, my comment was not of the attacking nature! IF?WHEN I get to that stage with anyone, believe me they KNOW it!! It was a QUESTION because I know how easy it is to upset people here. I have learned my lesson from past experience & am now much more reticent in demanding 'MY' perceived rights as a customer.

I don't wish to offend further than you already feel I have offended you, but I must say that it would take quite a bit more of a lady than yourself to "Spank my ***"!! Agreed we have met for 1/2 hour or so but you really do not "KNOW" me. Check that out with the people where we met!! - Grahame.
Actually Bushbaby, Ladybird said consider your *** spanked, not consider your **** spanked. I wonder which part of your anatomy she was referring to? (Or maybe she can't spell!!)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
No U$ in this country!

I don't see any reason why one should have U$ in a Dominican bank.
Keep your hard currency outside.
Use your foreign cheques.
I banked with Baninter. When their fraud became known I withdrew my 250.- RD (!) which I had entrusted to them and since then I have never entered a local bank again.
If you establish a relationship with a few exchange houses then your cheques are cashed with a smile and you don't have to go even near a bank.
There are just as many criminals inside the banks as outside.

m?frog