I don't know if this is allowed..

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
yogurt every day....

Bululu is a vecino.....

Giardia is very persistent...... never really goes away IMO

I don't know what "bululu is a vecino" means. I am slow. And Giardia is a parasite I am assuming? Does it live in kidneys by chance?

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
No need to apologize.

There's lot of "Grammar Police" on DR1, that's their life!

I wonder how often they say:

Back in the "STATES"....... (Instead of "United States of America)
I'm from the "U.S.".......... (Instead of "U.S.A.")
In "America".................... (Instead of "North America" or "the United States of America")

But that's okay, we understand!
Must be "Hell" always speaking perfect grammar.

Anyway, I have been coming to the "Dominican" since 1991 and the only ones bitching about my grammar are "ex-pats".

I always thought the name of the country is "Rep?blica Dominicana", that's what it shows on everything official here, such as money, etc. :rambo:

I dunno about you, but I always say "United States of Mexico" while in Cancun, and "Federal Republic of Nigeria" when I go to work. On my way back from work last time, I had a layover in the "Federal Republic of Germany".

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Lothario666:

I'll stop calling the USA 'America' when everyone stops calling the EUM 'Mexico'.
We were the first independent country in the western world and damned well had the right to name ourselves.
So did Mexico, or should I say the Estados Unidos de Mexico?

Just a pet peeve, not an argument.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you live in the DR, you WILL have Giardia!!!!
Not a question of "IF", just "WHEN"!!!!!!
It's endemic in the population here.
Makes you a "Real Dominican"!
Help with your weight loss program!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Giardia exists in all the soils of all seven continents. Everyone in the world is exposed to it.
Anti-biotic effects of many natural foods keeps it at bay, let alone the occassional chemical type.
If it takes over, it can defloriate the walls of the intestines and block nutrition.
A friend of mine died that way some years ago. He abhorred any kind of medicines and existed mainly on alcohol.