I encourage everyone to call upon your MP

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
My Mp who is the conservative party always got back to me...minimum 1 hr 15 minutes to maybe one day max email or phone call. She was very helpful and made this torture process go by a little less painless. The office is located 4 blocks from my house so I even made personal appearances. I think even now that the decision made came out they are still there to support me and my hubby!! opps almost said his nickname....lol
Anyways I say if you dont like the job they are doing....whomever the party was....try a new one....and perhaps they can get your answers....but you have to let that party know you want to transfer your information. You don't want two parties going at the same time.....!
Hope all goes well for everyone.
peace!
boogirl

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Homer, Ellie did say that (speed up a case) was the wrong choice of words.

What the MP did do which was huge was finding that Haiti had no record of the "right to PR" which was paid and sent in with the application. That is huge because that can delay the issuing of a visa even when you have been approved.

Would the caips show that the "right to PR" was paid?

I believe the CAIPS shows which documents were sent with the application and should list RPRF as one of them once its received.

I think alicious chose the right word.....PROACTIVE

Anna, I think it has everything to do with which party the MP belongs to, what committee they sit on and any connection/relationship they might have with the people at the embassy in haiti...remember Vintage's MP sat on the immigration committee and was equally as helpful in being "Proactive" with her husbands file as Ellies MP has been.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
helpful

Hi

I went to my MP and was very happy I did. My MP is the agriculture minister so immigration is not his "thing" there were 2 people in his office that helped me out considerably and my MP checked in with me on a regular bases. I truly beleive without my MP intervening my husband woudl not be here. So I was very thankful for the help and woudl recommend everyone involve their MP if things are looking a little "shady"

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Hi, I contacted my MP be email.I got a call from her office 3 days later and the person who took my file was extremely supportive, was very clear about what they can do and can't do. Since our file is under ''normal timelines'' she told me that she would contact Haiti to find out at what stage they are. She asked me if I had any new information to add since we sent application. She called me after she sent email and told me that she will follow-up with me. So it looks good but as she told me our file has been in process since April in Haiti and we already have the B file number, so it looks like everything is going under regular timelines. Will see during process...My MP is from the Liberal Party.

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Just to bring everyone up to date, we were unable to have my husband here for July 10th as the only flight available at that time was landing in Canada @ 1:50AM on the 11th. The medical expired on July 10th which was creating issues.

Anyways, long story short...medical has been redone and visa has been issued(website changed on friday to decision made, Husband received the call today to pick up passport) and my husband will be landing in Canada this Friday night!!!!

This was a very long and frustrating process....however, I KNOW we would still be waiting if it was not for the assistance from my MP's office. Within 4 weeks we received the passport back, redid the medical, dropped passport back to Santo Domingo and visa was issued.

Thank you to all who have been through the process and gave their knowledge and support on this board. And to those still waiting, I wish you all the best......it is all worth it in the end!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was just about to email & ask whats happening!!

Wishing you both all the best!!
Sangria

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
Just to keep this thread going...do contact your MP's office!!! I called my MP's office today and they will be putting in a request on my behalf to OTTAWA to the CIC headoffice. The request is not sent to PAP but to the centre in Ottawa where you would request your CAIPS notes from. They said it takes 7-10 business days to get a response. This way you can know if your file is in 'paper screening' if you've passed or failed any specific areas and anticipate what information they may request from you. Our file has been in process since the beginning of June and although all processing centers vary in responses he said you will usually receive your confirmation letter in 3-4 months of the file being received in Haiti.