I found This Hard to Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I mean, probably not. Maybe if it was an American who has lived there for many years and who knows the game, with a resort worker who was compatible in looks, age, interests, etc. My friend, I do not think you have an adequate set of third world survival skills. Love and relationships work differently in the lower classes of the DR. Most Dominican women who fit your GF's description enjoy serial relationships with low IQ tigueres. They like attractive young men with good bodies who have a motorcycle. These men generally stay with the women for a time and may impregnate them. After a time, and the requisite drama which can certainly turn violent on both sides, both parties move on to new partners. Rinse and repeat.

You have nothing to offer this woman but money, nothing. Do you have a 6 pack? A noisy motorcycle? The same circle of friends? Interests? Taste in music? Are you a good bachata dancer? No. And this matters because these are things that lower class Dominican women like. But you have money that for her is a fortune and she doesn't WANT to learn about art and history. She wants to get her nails and hair done, feed her kids, a new phone, a pasola. She wants what people in her world want. Since they live in a country with essentially no opportunities YOU are an opportunity and these ladies DO know how to extract money from people like you - they have very good third world survival skills!

I don't think you can Eliza Doolittle a lower class Dominican woman, they don't want to be 'elevated', they want some money and I don't blame them. Prepare to be fleeced at best. At worst, things can turn very, very dark. VERY dark. Honestly. People in your position certainly have and will continue to be murdered by their partners or their partners friends, boyfriends and relatives. Really. Don't believe me? Keep reading.

To sum up: you don't understand the culture and you are in over your head. I suggest doing some volunteer work or joining the Peace Corps if you want a 'cultural adventure'.

Finally, my guess is that her 'cousin' is her BF - it really is the oldest trick in the book and why would she be single? There's nothing to do in the DR for people from her socioeconomic situation, I mean, it's boring and they are pretty much all in relationships from my observations anyway. Her BF may even know all about YOU.

You covered it all very eloquently ..
If I could humbly say this in One sentence .

The OP needs to look in the Mirror and make a List of
What he has to offer , which would give this Woman "Status" in her Community , and among her Family .

Its obvious ( or should be ) she did not fall in love with him during those brief encounters at her Job, SERVING him FOOD.
I think the OP is hoping she will in time actually fall in Love him for the Person he is inside.

But for now WHAT was it she saw in him, which would give her this Status among her people ..
Bringing the Gringo to her Family and Neighbors sparks instant questions .. If he were Dirt Poor obviously he would be immediately rejected .
So , IF he makes an Honest List of those Assets he possesses , which Impressed her , then he shall have his Answer, and let him know what his Odds are .

Reactions: Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
When is the last time ANYONE has listened to us on this topic???????
Thats why some of us try to let it Run LONG , into a nice Love story , with details
but every single time some of you screw it up by showing your cards ..

,Maybe next time , play along .

On another Board , a dude found a Hot Chica he fell in Love with , whos Uncle had a Chicken Farm , and he was seriously going to sell all his Belongings , mind you at 39 years of age, and move down there and help with the Family business and Build it up for them ..

That Love Story ran about 300 Pages .
Some of the most entertaining reading I have ever seen in my Life .... We just let him Talk .. it was Epic .

Love stories come in all sizes ... and now you guys will never find out how this one goes.

• Haha
Reactions: nanita and Big

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don’t know…..I liken it to a business deal…both sides have something to offer

Ideally, it becomes a win/win situation

So Ken parts with some $$$$ to get what he wants?
Dont we all.?.
She gets what she wants

Where’s the big deal here other some Harvard MBAs chiming in

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I don’t know…..I liken it to a business deal…both sides have something to offer

Ideally, it becomes a win/win situation

So Ken parts with some $$$$ to get what he wants?
Dont we all.?.
She gets what she wants

Where’s the big deal here other some Harvard MBAs chiming in
Business as usual in the D.R.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Love stories come in all sizes ... and now you guys will never find out how this one goes.
Yes, we will, because I'll be in D.R. for 3 weeks in mid-September. I will take my own suggestion and make a trip to Secrets with a trusty companion. I will be the recently divorced middle aged gringo trying to mend a broken heart. She will be the 30ish Dominicana trying to snag a foreigner (which she actually is). The OP has given enough info for me identify the target IF there is one. It will be a 2 prong attack on both flanks (figuratively speaking, not her nalgas). If she can be had, one of us will have her (mi amiga is bi). Someone's omelet is getting flipped. Stay tuned...

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
It would for me !!!
My friend... i have shared everything as honestly and accurately as I could...Yes, this is a love triangle. I will reap what I sow. I make no excuses for or to anybody. I appreciate all the input I have received. Most of it was well intentioned. Other no so.

On the contrary, I have never defined her as a poor lost soul... As a matter of fact I have told her that she is in fact richer than many because she has 2 wonderful children who cherish her, tremendous intestinal fortitude and very strong religious belief in God. She may be lacking materialistically but I would NEVER refer to her as a poor lost soul. She understand exactly where she is in life and what has led her on this path.

I question sometimes if some of the members on this forum even have a soul.. Quick to pass judgment, cynical. intolerant to someone who is not from your culture but is trying to learn. I shared my marital problems to provide some insight into my dilemma.

You categorized, generalized, picked my GF apart and threw her into the proverbial "they're all the same " pool.
She is a unique being, and albeit, culture runs through her veins, but that does not preclude her from having free will and her own destiny which might not be what you all think it is.
You really sound a Fool! And you have so much time to share your foolhardiness. Reread your own nonsense.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes, we will, because I'll be in D.R. for 3 weeks in mid-September. I will take my own suggestion and make a trip to Secrets with a trusty companion. I will be the recently divorced middle aged gringo trying to mend a broken heart. She will be the 30ish Dominicana trying to snag a foreigner (which she actually is). The OP has given enough info for me identify the target IF there is one. It will be a 2 prong attack on both flanks (figuratively speaking, not her nalgas). If she can be had, one of us will have her (mi amiga is bi). Someone's omelet is getting flipped. Stay tuned...
NOW, we have the makings for a Netflix . We had episode1. Joseph will provide content for episode2 and then we are on our way to stardom my friends.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You really sound a Fool! And you have so much time to share your foolhardiness. Reread your own nonsense.
And a tad insulting. ie; members have no soul, intolerant, judgmental etc. Gives us some insight into a man that would leave a "wify" and children to be a white knight with money as armor to the rescue. Each day I waver between smart troll or dumb as a stick real person. ????

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Pictures are a must of your visit!

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
I received a message that I do not have permission to view this page
She is the smarter one! She is Playing you. You don’t think so right now but if you don’t think there is “another like you” …you are being dumb. And all your lustful in love comments are simply that..you are a person in Love, in lust with your fantasy). No one here I believe can convince anyone like this into thinking rationally.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Some of the posts here are so over the top it's beyond amusing. Especially the ones by people who themselves married Dominicans and then those that compounded their hypocrisy by bringing them back to their countries of origin! LOL :p

I can hardly wait for this nonsense to be closed as it so richly deserves.

Best of luck to the OP. Be careful, try and mitigate your likely losses, and please don't totally prove all the armchair quarterbacks right by getting fleeced or killed.

My advice? If you're looking for "love" get a dog. If it's a desire to "help or save" that's pushing you to do all this then perhaps get involved in a charity and/or volunteer work. If it's really, underneath it all, just about sex... Don't worry, the available women will find you when you're in the DR. Older, relatively well-off gringos, while "a dime-a-dozen", are still sought after even if it's just for shorter-term, money-driven "relationships.

Have fun and be well.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
ken….someone just mentioned about the GF….can she read?, can she write? Does she have a book? Whatis it about You that she is ready willing and able to leave her tias and primos to move with you…($$$$$)only her and her children.What is it you need? What can you talk about every day, day to day? Ken you do sound like a narcissist. And we go back to never seeing a boat? And she lives in La Romana? Many many boats. And Ken, what the heck will you do every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.