I wonder how much this bad boy cost?

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Not thinking Dominican...

You guys are missing the point!!... They know it's not the right machine for the job...
But it's a good way to make a quick buck. Somebody got a fat comission check for that piece of crap, and no one will question them because nobody knows it's useless for making the metro tunnels.
Then they are buying the machine they do need and will get a big check for that too.
It's government at it's finest...why do it the easy way when it can be done the hard way??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good Sir: NONE of us missed the point. THAT is the whole point of this thread!! /We have more mining experts on DR1 than Diandino does!! :p:p

This is what Clint Eastwood would call "A clusterf**k, Sir!"

HB:D:D

rubi92fm

Dec 26, 2004
my question is simple. given that the engineers are lucky and happen to get the tunnels right. that the tracks are installed correctly, and someone thought to actually get the trian in the tunnel. in this country of limited sophistication and wide spread superstition, how many natives do you think will go underground for transportation? it seems that everytime i travel to santiago from sosua with a dominican in my jeepeta, they get anywhere from slightly nervous to extreem panic when passing through the very short tunnel on the autopisa. and if they see a white frog..........

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You're way ahead of the curve rubi92fm, no-one has yet thought of the trains that are going to run in this tunnel. We'll need a few more loans for those...
v80llu.jpg
This one is called the Lionel Donald and Daisy Handcart...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
rubi92fm said:
how many natives do you think will go underground for transportation?

Probably less than the amount of homeless that will live IN them...

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
JDJones said:
Anyone care to comment about the fact that they have now dug the first tunnel with a machine that is supposedly not capable of digging tunnels?

Sure. Yesterday I dug a small hole with a pair of scissors to investigate a possible water leak.

Doesn't make me a genius or prove that scissors are for digging.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
JDJones said:
Anyone care to comment about the fact that they have now dug the first tunnel with a machine that is supposedly not capable of digging tunnels?

Actually, they did the easy part first, a soft section that is mostly clay soil, which could have been dug out with a wooden spoon. Now, down the line from Centro Ol?mpico to Teatro Nacional and farther down, there's a treacherous stretch of solid rock, uncharted caverns and underground streams. That's where the fun begins!

-

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Mission Accomplished!

JDJones said:
Leonel needs to throw on a hardhat, a grimy collared shirt, sorround himself with Hatians and get in front of that hole and proclaim "Mission Accomplished".

"With all the sand and coral we've collected from this project, the American support troops have agreed to build a land bridge south to Caracas."