Ick - Sosua Beach

guillermone

Feb 20, 2007
Look I have been a avid visitor to La Playa de Sosua since I was a very young child and all I can say is that I am very disappointed with what has happened. Sosua Bay was once a beautiful, clean, pristine beach area that I once would never change for anything in the world.

However, today I feel totally the opposite. The place has turned into nothing but any eyesore full of makeshift stalls built up all along the perimeter of the beach, incessant peddlers harrasing you with wares, the shore line littered by careless beach gowers and as a result has suffered an overall gradual deterioration in the useful quality of the beach. Unfortunately, no one is doing anything to correct the problems and regulate the activities in the bay. At first, I saw it coming little-by-little, but it was so subtle that it took me by surprise, when it first hit me. It just caught me off guard once reality hit me and since then things have just simply gotten and continue to get worse.

So if word is out that there is a sewage problem in the area, regardless of the nature and severity of issue, we must act now before the problem excalates into something worse.

Last edited:

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I was there a few days ago. I didn't have my testing kit with me or anything but things looked "normal". Although, for some reason it looked like there was not as much beach as I remembered from previous years (the shacks that guillermone likes so much seemed closer to the water).

Is this just my imagination?