I'm in love

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Isn't that the one with olives in it?
Mortadella is an emulsified sausage with origins in Bologna, Italy. It's composed of cured pork with least 15% pork fat cubes, whole or chopped pistachios, and spiced with black pepper and myrtle berries. The extra fat content gives mortadella its signature white "polka dot" look

It's not for me.....

Attachments

• Snap20.jpg
    Snap20.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 58

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mortadella is an emulsified sausage with origins in Bologna, Italy. It's composed of cured pork with least 15% pork fat cubes, whole or chopped pistachios, and spiced with black pepper and myrtle berries. The extra fat content gives mortadella its signature white "polka dot" look

It's not for me.....

Yuck. Give me a nice soppressata instead. Or JD’s homemade sausage.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

It's not for me.....
OK, what's the one with the olives in it?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I have only had the Boars Head one. But that was a number of years ago.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I'm confused, I thought this was the Ozempic thread about folks wanting to take a black box diabetes 2 drug to lose weight, but it turns out that it's a thread about the love for homemade sausage and cured deli meats.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm confused, I thought this was the Ozempic thread about folks wanting to take a black box diabetes 2 drug to lose weight, but it turns out that it's a thread about the love for homemade sausage and cured deli meats.
Wrong again. It's about Johnsonville Brown Sugar and Honey link sausages and if they cook well in an air fryer.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Is there anything sold here that resembles good old-fashioned American baloney?

I'm also looking for something that tastes like Oscar Meyer cooked salami with pepper corns.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Most of the salamis here don't seem fit for human consumption. A friend of mine always used to buy it for his Rottweilers.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Most of the salamis here don't seem fit for human consumption. A friend of mine always used to buy it for his Rottweilers.
My dogs eat some of them, not all, and I won't touch Dominican salami.

Reactions: cavok