Immigration to Canada

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
I am writing this to ask if anyone has or had any experience with Canada?s immigration. I am living in Canada and got married 2 years ago. I have lived in DR for the better part of this time. A few months ago my husband and I decided that it might be more advantageous to move to Canada. I have been here in Canada for a few months and have started the immigration process. Our application has been sent and approved by the Canadian government. The file is presently sitting with Canadian authorities in Haiti.

My questions are:
Has anyone gone through this process.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes once the file is transferred to Haiti.

Any pointers on what to do or expect next. :classic: thanks in advance.

kacheena

Dec 14, 2004
I went through all that process and now my husband is here in Canada for 2 years now. For us, the process took about 6 months. I did the paperwork myself. After the file was in Haiti we waited for about 5 months then a letter came for my husband which said for him to have an interview so he had to go to Santo Domingo. They asked for his passport, we then waited for a couple of weeks. They called my husband to come back and pick up his passport and when he did they told him that he can go to Canada. So a couple weeks later he was here in Canada.