Impressed by Sosua yesterday

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Did you go to the movie Saturday nite and do your part in contributing to your community?

I drive over to Sosua once or twice a month and its not for a movie. I contribute monetarily going to the restaurants and being entertained by the chicas. I am confused by attempts to turn Pedro C into a family spot. I cant imagine bringing children into that adult area.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I drive over to Sosua once or twice a month and its not for a movie. I contribute monetarily going to the restaurants and being entertained by the chicas. I am confused by attempts to turn Pedro C into a family spot. I cant imagine bringing children into that adult area.

While it may be confusing for some, it is what the Attorney General of the DR desires. What he should be doing is creating a red light district, since prohibition never works. Since the worlds oldest profession is already legal, all they need to do is regulate and tax it (legalize , regulate and tax...)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

what is there in Sosua for children to enjoy?

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
The beach and Ocean Village are the only places we visit with our 6-year-old daughter. However I'm
located in Cabarete and may not know of other places.

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
One highlight of the day is sitting at the bermuda bar in the day and watching amet snag motos for not wearing helmets it is too funny watching it makes my day when im there

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Be interesting to see if Sosua is able to survive financially on good impressions and free street movies. We will find out in a few more months. Soooooooo, what is the title of this weeks free movie?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Be interesting to see if Sosua is able to survive financially on good impressions and free street movies. We will find out in a few more months. Soooooooo, what is the title of this weeks free movie?

get out the popcorn, zoom. this is going to be highly entertaining..

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Amsterdam, Tiajuana and Bangkok are waiting to see if its successful in Sosua, if so they will start showing movies and inviting families with kids.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Businesses adapt, people adapt, life goes on. Survive and Prosper (I think Spock said that)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Businesses adapt, people adapt, life goes on. Survive and Prosper (I think Spock said that)

the chicas in Sosua will be a part of the adaptation process. their chulos will resort to the Glock to make the money the chicas can't. then the whining will get even louder.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Both can co exist, it can be a family and adult destination. The Lego Movie was playing, I did appreciate having something nice to look at while the kids where watching a movie.

The popcorn was awesome. A real treat, by the Caribbean Popcorn Company. They had carmel, and cheese, and butter popcorn. They even corrected me when I went for a second bag and handed them pesos instead of 50.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
ok, then. so it must work here.

I didn't mean to start another punta thread... But, I guess it is the natural progression. Of opinions and assholes and such; and this has been stated several times, I personally have no problem with putas, and a vibrant night life. I'm married with kids, but I ain't dead. Sosua is missing out on my money, because I don't like being harassed. Both can co exist, this isn't rocket science.

"Don't keep all your eggs in one basket"

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
their chulos will resort to the Glock to make the money the chicas can't..

I agree, that may happen. But one has to ask themselves, is that the element you want in your town? Or do you make a descision to make a change - and deal with the consequences?

I really don't see it becoming a war zone. And if there is an increase in crime, I expect a harsh response.

For example, when I've been out during the family nights on PC there was a large police presence. My guess would be that if somebody pulled a weapon and started spraying bullets during a bar fight (like has happened recently), the response would be fast, hard and overpowering on that end of PC.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is there in Sosua for children to enjoy?

it's a career fair event: beach vendors, motoconchos, hos. kids learn about what can happen if they do not study hard. or they get to see future work opportunities. depends on the kids. educational, like.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I agree, that may happen. But one has to ask themselves, is that the element you want in your town? Or do you make a descision to make a change - and deal with the consequences?

I really don't see it becoming a war zone. And if there is an increase in crime, I expect a harsh response.

For example, when I've been out during the family nights on PC there was a large police presence. My guess would be that if somebody pulled a weapon and started spraying bullets during a bar fight (like has happened recently), the response would be fast, hard and overpowering on that end of PC.

first of all, like you, i am a foreigner. nowhere in the DR is "my town". when i first came here, i saw Dominicans living here.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Its funny that people call it the changes in Sosua...I see it as changes in the 100 yard strip of Sosua. I have not seen any differences in the rest of Sosua....its kind of odd there is so much stress put on this little tiny part of Sosua.