In search of Moringa oleifera

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I need to purchase Moringa oleifera tree starts/cuttings and leafy branches. It also goes by the name of "la libertad" or "palo de aceite" here in the DR. Please contact me if you have some.

I have thousands of seeds and it is quite easy to grow.....
All moringa plants of this genus originated in India. It is the most potent of the different Moringas in the world.

Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
My team has spent just over 5 years researching Moringa for health benefits and also for animal supplements.

I am in Luperon on the North Shore. Yes great for the Orphanage.

Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I'm reviving this old thread on Moringa....

Many times over the years, when one of us was sick, someone [maid, caretaker, etc.] would show up with some leaves and brew us moringa tea. I've never seen the tree, but supposedly it's easy to find in DR.

Yesterday Mr. AE and I were wandering around Marshall's in their gourmet foods aisles, and came across this box of Moringa Tea. Just had a cup, delicious.

Wondered if anyone one else uses moringa in DR, and for what ailment? Sorry the photo is sideways, I don't know why it does that sometimes

View attachment 2720

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moringa_oleifera

Yes we do use it regularily every day both here and in Canada.
It is not a medecine , but a supplement. WE make our own capsules and tea from fresh plants. Caution , do not heat water over 135f is destroys the potency by 60% +-.
Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
If anyone wants moringa. seeds and exacting instructions on planting ( now is the time).
I am here in LaSabana /Luperon and can drop them off at a local pub for you to pick them up. Or if you are lucky I may be here. Trees grow very rapidly... does not like rich soil sand and rocks are best and very little water, likes shade as well.
I had an orchard of 850 mature trees in El Campo ready to do all sorts of processing when a well meaning Farmer cut them all down and fed them to cows and pigs... not a good thing all at once ; too much of a good thing is always not advisable.
Russell