In your experience, what do Dominican men look for in a woman when it comes to looks?

S

sokitoumi

when i see british tourists now -they seem like strange scrawny pale creatures with flesh barely covering their bones-even I can appreciate that Dominican women have a more Marilyn Monroe shape and look better for it - oh i forgot to answer the question lol - they look for a nicely padded shape and strong arms to carry the shopping on the back of a motorbike

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Like everywhere, tastes vary, but judging from conversations with Dominican friends, slim legs that would be considered attractive in Europe are considered much too skinny in the DR. They like chunky legs.
Also, based on a fashion shoots in local papers and magazines, you very rarely see any model nearly as thin as their European/North American equivalents. Many models look like healthy UK size 12s (US 8).
Matilda is right. The UK concept of "does my bum look big in this" does not exist in the DR. :D

so true, if a Dominican woman ask that question the answer we want is YES, lol.

diablo!!! que nalgas!!!! is a huge compliment for many Dominican women, but I suppose for American and European is a huge insult.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I guess they like fake blonds with fake boobs..:ermm:

What's with all the women with fake blond hair, is that in style in the DR? They should keep their beautiful shiny dark brown hair or just get highlights.

fake blonds with fake boobs??? Sounds like you are talking about the US. Just like everyother country, some chicas dye their hair and some chicas don't. There are tons of Raven hair beauties.
But a Rubia is a Rubia:rolleyes:

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
so true, if a Dominican woman ask that question the answer we want is YES, lol.

diablo!!! que nalgas!!!! is a huge compliment for many Dominican women, but I suppose for American and European is a huge insult.

SOOO true,
I hear my co workers (white females) forever complaining about their butts, meanwhile, they arent even big! And I always tell them, that in my culture a voluptous axx is the thing, if you have no axx then its not so attractive, the bigger (firm and fit of course) the better. They cannot believe that!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in the response to all your recent enquires about dominican men i feel obliged to inform you that some dominicans will take w woman even if she is ugly as a devil, old as methuselah, stupid like a bucket of nails and the number of her sexual partners equals numbers of citizens of DR. what counts is that she has money. they will also have no regards to her shape, color, size and looks of her body parts, her body odour and what not.
on the other hand some dominicans will never mingle with anyone out of their class: no sluts, no morons, no age difference that will prompt people to say "the could he her son/father". ugliness can be forgiven providing the woman has other qualities (good education, good family, good christian).

that should more of less cover it all, right?

Princesa777

Apr 13, 2008
I cannot speak for all Dominicans, but this is they type of girl (appearance wise) that my husband thinks is the most beautifull (and i noticed a lot of dominicans agree with him):
Pretty face, straight black hair, white skin, big FIRM boobs (sillicons are great), tiny waist, flat stomach, round FIRM ass, big lower legs.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sounds like a NA or European woman. maybe he watches too much TV. on the other hand he may be describing South American women namely columbianas....

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
My knowledge is limited, but I got the impression they like women who like to work out (firm, athletic body). And, yes, it is goo to have straight long hair whatever color it is.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Dear Lasata,

Have you seen the post by Mr DR Dominican TV Commercials? That should answer your question.

S

sokitoumi

you have to look into the eyes - some have little dollar signs in them

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
Not for nothing but Colombian women have very very beautiful faces, BUTT none what so ever.

I dont know which part of Colombia you have been to but there is no shortage of fantasic backside in Cali, Cartagena, and Barranquilla. Firm, round and shapely, snugly fit in low rider jeans and tight skirts. Even Stevie Wonder could see that.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can we please go back to the original question and not discuss prostitution and women in Colombia

Thanks

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Bottoms are more important than boobs

Matilda

I believe this is universal (on Earth anyway). I've seen reports on a multicultural research project that spanned the globe and found that common to all cultures included in the resarch was that a hip to waist ratio of approximately 5:3 is the most important preferrence of the majority of men in each culture.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In terms of looks, she has to be good looking and what type of woman is good looking depends on the actual woman.

I can't say that a good looking woman needs to be this or that, because every so often you see a woman that has all the qualities you claim to not like and yet, there she is; stunning! Thus, she has to be good looking as for what is considered good looking, well that depends on the woman.

There is more than looks, but since this thread is about looks, then I'll leave it at that.

In my case, these are the two extremes of beauty. Anything in between is also fine.

Extreme 1

Extreme 2

-NALs