Insane Traffic and Parking in Sosua

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
First they banned golf carts - supposedly dangerous. And now we have a$$hole roller-bladers flying around town, hitching on to vehicles and motos. One idiot fell in front of a gringo's vehicle the other night. If the blader had been run over - guess who's fault it would be. AMET sat there watching and laughing.

Then I watched as AMET ticket writer started to ticket a vehicle parked in a curb location NOT PAINTED YELLOW. He told the vehicle owner to move across the street - to another curb location also NOT PAINTED YELLOW. The vehicle owner refused to move and the AMET truck drove away. I'm sure they would have towed the vehicle if the owner had not been there to protest, take picture or video, whatever.

And now the street side in front of Bon Ice Cream (NOT PAINTED YELLOW) is parking OK during the day - but not at night ( or maybe it's the other way round - but who really knows or cares.) And moto's are, of course, exempt from this.

I have a new rule that I suggest people follow - when going to a bar/restaurant/business only park your vehicle where you can see it while in the bar/restaurant/business. If you can't do that - go somewhere else. Sadly the business is the one who suffers.

Yeah,
Be one of the A hole gringos too lazy to walk.
Park right on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant, so all pedestrians have to pass and walk in the street.
Or one of the gringos who enjoys the freedom of driving drunk in the DR and causing accidents.

Of course we are also aware of idiot dangerous Dominican drivers and wacky AMET enforcement and police driving the wrong way on a one way street without a helmet, on their moto.

The nice thing about Sosua is, that it is a small town where one can walk everywhere.
Obviously people come from out of town to visit, but there is ample parking available, with a short walk included.