International House Nanny - WANTED

Aug 21, 2007
If the OP wants someone who can also assist with social events, then he cannot hire someone from the campo. He needs someone who also has social skills and etiquette. I don't think someone from the campo would have that refinement.

Lindsey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If the OP wants someone who can also assist with social events, then he cannot hire someone from the campo. He needs someone who also has social skills and etiquette. I don't think someone from the campo would have that refinement.

Lindsey

Exactly. And a person who CAN assist with social events, has a visa to travel the world, speaks some English, etc., isn't going to work for $6000 pesos a month. Even if he means "serve meals and drinks only" at 'social events', there's still the visa issue.

AE

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I don't see why people are so against this, most people pay little more for their own live in Nanny, cleaner, general gofor, the fact she will get the chance to travel is a bonus, and especially to someone who has never been in a position to travel and probably never will without this offer. Hell, with a little genius behind her she could even exploit the situation to her massive benefit if she can network well at these business parties and dinners etc.
I agree the money is low and he will probably have to up that, and the right candidate will probably negotiate that up to around double anyway.
And what is peoples idea of Campo? Campo is living in the country, it doesn't state a specific class group, the nicest houses in the country are in the Campo, we live in Campo, I am baffled by people referral to this as a definition of class, it isn't.

I am not saying this is a good offer by any means, I am saying with the correct incentives and security cover for the candidate it could be a nice 'out' of a situation they might just need. The OP knows what he can expect when he is offering less than reasonable salary, so I doubt he expects an all singing all dancing super nanny.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are planning to take this person out of the DR with you. Do you realize how hard that is to do if they do not already have residency in another country like the USA or an EU country?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I don't see why people are so against this, most people pay little more for their own live in Nanny, cleaner, general gofor, the fact she will get the chance to travel is a bonus, and especially to someone who has never been in a position to travel and probably never will without this offer. Hell, with a little genius behind her she could even exploit the situation to her massive benefit if she can network well at these business parties and dinners etc.
I agree the money is low and he will probably have to up that, and the right candidate will probably negotiate that up to around double anyway.
And what is peoples idea of Campo? Campo is living in the country, it doesn't state a specific class group, the nicest houses in the country are in the Campo, we live in Campo, I am baffled by people referral to this as a definition of class, it isn't.

I am not saying this is a good offer by any means, I am saying with the correct incentives and security cover for the candidate it could be a nice 'out' of a situation they might just need. The OP knows what he can expect when he is offering less than reasonable salary, so I doubt he expects an all singing all dancing super nanny.

Campesinos are generally considered uneducated, and thus lacking in culture and proper language skills.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Campesinos are generally considered uneducated, and thus lacking in culture and proper language skills.

True, but surely people know this is merely a generalization and not a fact. There are more kids roaming the streets in the city than around some of the central villages when they should be at school, so it probably is statistically completely wrong.

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
Sorry to disagree, social skills and proper etiquette are not gained according to where your from, but a combination of variables, such as family environment and education. Speaking from my own experience with family members from "El Campo" that are doctors and other professionals.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
100%, it could be said people who use such generalizations and worse, consider it to be reality have exactly the lack of the skills they claim those women from Campo have, (or it could possibly be lack of slangish for what they wish to get across). But that is another thread for another day I expect.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The real point is that anyone, whether urban or rural, who is willing to work for RD$6,000 a month is unlikely to have the skills and attributes the OP is looking for.

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
this is insane

sorry to say excuse me..for this amount of money a month noway Jose...not possible unless You get someone as we know in this country ...a dominican lady...who sees and seek to get out of here and will provide and try to prove themselfs as the major nanny they are and to offer...sorry to say but I would offer myself as a nanny cause I adore children...and YES i need some money but atleast I know how to be around children, how to rase them, educate..help with their education and clean the house even....I speak 5 languages and I can travel!!! PLEASE CAN I HAVE THE JOB????? I am available 24/7...
regards
Coralia

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
it's a SEXad!
His wife would want a "Beast" for a nanny!
He is looking for the "Qualities" to work in a brothel,not a home!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
...sorry to say but I would offer myself as a nanny cause I adore children...and YES i need some money but atleast I know how to be around children, how

There was no mention of children in the OP's post, that is why this guy is probably looking for a POA. BB, he did have an age limitation miamol!!!

Aug 21, 2007
And, as far as educated, refined people living in the campo, yes, they are there. But- would those individuals be willing to take on the job as it is offered, at 6,000 pesos? I bet not.

Lindsey

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMKKwcq96NM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMKKwcq96NM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>