International student planning on attending PUCMM in Santiago

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dittos on both points, MA.

1) Networking in Latin America will be crucial in Amy's career years. According to economic prospectuses I've seen, economic growth in L.A. is expected to be better than that of N.A. in this century. Opportunities should be expanding in L.A. while not so much in N.A.

2) Often university undergraduate studies are basically another high school, just more of it.
Also, BusAd degrees seem to need the additional stamp of an MBA to be attractive to career employers.
Four years at a prestitious U like PUCMM would be a great credit for her, if follwed up by an MBA at a good school in the U.S., even some superior State Schools (e.g., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill). Furthermore, she will be attractive to the school as a foreign student, even as an American citizen.​

Good luck, Amy! Seems like you've got your head on your shoulders.

"a prestigious university like PUCMM"? where is it considered prestigious?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The list for Forbes was for international MBA programs, not the US programs. Since cost is an issue for the OP and since the objective is international business, I thought she might look at those programs, which are decidedly less expensive than the programs in the USA.

My one point was really to check on the core credits and make sure what would be transferable. .. which the OP is doing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It is indeed ranked 205 out of 250 universities in Latin America. Don't be so negative ! :)

and 5250 in the world rankings. i stand corrected. what is ranked below it? Las Galeras middle school?

just kidding. it might very well be a good school, but the use of the term "prestigious" is an abuse of literary license.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Amy, I know you've investigated PUCMM, but have you looked into this university (University of the Andes, Bogota) in Colombia. I think it's worth at least investigating. :: Colombia :: Challenge Your Knowledge ::

Bob why would she go to Bogota??? Did you read where she stated she was born in the Dominican Republic and this is one of the reason she wants to return for school.

Would you send your 18 yr old daughter to Bogota Colombia alone???? Believe it or not Bob most American parents like to keep their children close to home.

BOGOTA???????? Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Amy, I know you've investigated PUCMM, but have you looked into this university (University of the Andes, Bogota) in Colombia. I think it's worth at least investigating. :: Colombia :: Challenge Your Knowledge ::

Bob are you sure you are an educator??? You say some ODD things. Bob I would give you 10USD if you can find me one mother or father that will give a STAMP of approval find their child to study in Colombia right out of high school.

You haven't been a parent in a long time right???????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"PUCCM" is the BEST the DR has to offer.
After that, it's 8th. grade stuff!
If you go to "AUSD" bring a "Gas Mask", and a bullet proof vest!
"AK47's" optional!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
PS., my step son will graduate from "APEC" univ. next month!
And we are STILL VERY Proud of Him!!!!!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob are you sure you are an educator??? You say some ODD things. Bob I would give you 10USD if you can find me one mother or father that will give a STAMP of approval find their child to study in Colombia right out of high school.

Once a parent always a parent. I paid for my son to go to Habin Institute of technology, which is one of the best universities in China. It was well worth the money. Very high standards. He had his eyes opened in many ways and has made many international friendships with students from Africa, Russia, Australia, Vietnam, Brazil...etc.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...VF19fEKMDmEdGswfA&sig2=aaT_orrQ2TC3Z9fpBs8cNw
He is now married to a lovely and intelligent Chinese girl from Changchun, China. She just found out that her Economics degree from Jilin University is acceptable for getting into most western universities for her Masters.
Colombian CITIES are as safe as Chicago.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013

It is not a bad idea.. Before many Curacao students would go to Holland or USA (if they had rich parents) to study.. Nowadays the trent is to study in the region.. Puerto Rico, Panama & Costa Rica and now Colombia is getting very popular as the education is good, not too expensive and it is not too far.. The cities in Colombia are not now like they were 15 years ago.