Intrigued with sankies

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Better yet, don't speak to any dominicans when on vacation, because they will all try to scam you, or sleep with you! Watch out for Chris Rock and Martin Lawrence too. Oh and I hear there's these Wayan Brothers, their really funny.... ...but bad news. hehe.

I think there are a couple of things you can take from this, a) sure some people want more thant what appears on the surface (i.e your company)
and b) Gringo dudes who like to "tell it like it really is" are envious and bitter that sankies are hogging all the gringa action.

You are so right, I was out with BIG MAMA last night,and when she pulled of her wig it was .........

Eddy trying to buy Brad's house.......Hollywood !

MiXED_LATiNA_CHiCA

May 29, 2007
Ok thank you.

How would you advise you identify a sankie?

From previous experience some are obvious, others not so obvious?

Mira nena, if sankies were easy to identify there would be a lot smaller number of broken hearts amongst the western women who travel to LA RD, pero unfortunately as somebody else already said they are scam artists. If they were so easy to spot then I guess they really wouldn't be very successful sankies would they? JaJa

Have fun with whoever you wish to have fun with gurl, pero you need to be a little weary about who you fall for and who you decide is sankie or not.
Don't got getting your heart trodden on when it can be avoided!
Besitos

cploulou

Sep 6, 2007
more info

I know that you can't gossip on this site, but is there a place that you can find out on whether or not the guy is a dog?

or do you have a way of connecting with a site member directly?

thx
a concerned friend

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I know that you can't gossip on this site, but is there a place that you can find out on whether or not the guy is a dog?

or do you have a way of connecting with a site member directly?

thx
a concerned friend
Use PMs .... some pointers below:
if he works at a resort, > 90% he is
if he's on the 'entertainment' team, >99.9% he is
if you exchanged contact info, >75% he is
if he was your constant companion, >80% he is

if he barks, that's a dead give-away

The aforementioned stats may be authenticated at the Bureau of Sankie Statistics, but you can trust me.

cploulou

Sep 6, 2007
too funny about the PMs

oh my god - you are way too funny.

i totally believe that he is a dog, but how do you show your really good friend that she's made the biggest mistake of her life without proof.

I'm looking for proof.
And a way out for her....

cploulou

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
oh my god - you are way too funny.

i totally believe that he is a dog, but how do you show your really good friend that she's made the biggest mistake of her life without proof.

I'm looking for proof.
And a way out for her....

cploulou

Its hard caring about someone who you think is about to make a mistake. Its like watching your child into the deep end of the pool. You want to jump in immediately and provide safety, but its better to relax and be ready just in case. You have to be careful because if your friend confides in the sankie dude he could tell her that your concern is jealousy (is it?) and create a situation where it is both of them against you. Hustlers know how to manipulate people. Or, miraculously it could work out and she is going to resent you with that "I told you so" mentality. That's why the smart play is to only give your advice when your friend asks you for it and hope for the best. I only give unsolicited advice on these message boards (lol). People like to feel like they are working in their best interests, even though you know they are being a dumb ass.

mountain5

Feb 2, 2007
hm

You cant try to keep people away from getting hurt because they dont wanna see what you obviously see.So, you have them make the experience themself.Thats just the way life is.

Anyway I think that not all of this sankie stories are true on this board.So, why worry too much about it.

benna

Jan 30, 2006
I suppose I will never have the answer to this question but I do NOT see what women see in these Sankies. They tell jokes that aren't funny, they aren't good looking, and I would be willing to bet my first born child (who is due in April) that the vast majority of them carry an STD. I lived in the DR for a year and a half and not once did I even begin to understand how these girls get so enamoured with these guys.

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
benna...i dont see it either. when i was in the DR in july with 4 of my best girl friends we met a lot of animation staff (aka sankies) and yes, they did give us quite a bit of attention (as you would expect from these guys) but at the end of the day we knew that it was nothing more than a bunch of guys looking for something we werent willing to give them. when we got on our plane to head back home, we left the sankies exacty where we found them...on the resort :)

Last edited:

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
benna.. when we got on our plane to head back home, we left the sankies exacty where we found them...on the resort :)

ATTENTION !!!!!:ninja:
Please keep the Sankies on the resorts. Do not, I repeat, do not take them home with you.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I suppose I will never have the answer to this question but I do NOT see what women see in these Sankies. They tell jokes that aren't funny, they aren't good looking, and I would be willing to bet my first born child (who is due in April) that the vast majority of them carry an STD. I lived in the DR for a year and a half and not once did I even begin to understand how these girls get so enamoured with these guys.

This is what I think: Some women who cannot get the love and attention back home, are suddenly flattered and honored by the love and attention they receive from the young and muscular sankies. These women fail to distinguish between reality and fantasy.

The same goes for men who travel to the Dominican Republic (or any other country). They are also flattered and honored by the love and attention they receive from the young and beautiful women.

benna...i dont see it either. when i was in the DR in july with 4 of my best girl friends we met a lot of animation staff (aka sankies) and yes, they did give us quite a bit of attention (as you would expect from these guys) but at the end of the day we knew that it was nothing more than a bunch of guys looking for something we werent willing to give them. when we got on our plane to head back home, we left the sankies exacty where we found them...on the resort :)

You are one of the very few smart tourist who used common sense!!! :classic:

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
This is what I think: Some women who cannot get the love and attention back home, are suddenly flattered and honored by the love and attention they receive from the young and muscular sankies. These women fail to distinguish between reality and fantasy

I agree with you, but the thing is some of these women and men do get attention from men/women back home, but the sankies pour extra extra sugar on them. They (the sankies) try to make the women /man feel that they are indeed the best, most beautiful creature they have ever met!

Then the distortion between reality and fantasy begin.