Is DR economy back on track?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Riu,

Until you get used to it, when you hear 2-3%, you are thinking per YEAR, as is common in the US and Canada. Look again. He said 2-3% per MONTH, or about 25-35% per year. That's pesos, unless Scott has found places with better rates on dollars than I am aware of. Dollar accounts have been paying 10-15% annually.

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
Thanks sweetdbt

sweetdbt said:
Riu,

Until you get used to it, when you hear 2-3%, you are thinking per YEAR, as is common in the US and Canada. Look again. He said 2-3% per MONTH, or about 25-35% per year. That's pesos, unless Scott has found places with better rates on dollars than I am aware of. Dollar accounts have been paying 10-15% annually.

Those are very attractive returns. Are these being offered at Banco Popular and the like? I guess that is one of the reasons why mortgages and loan rates are so high over there.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
sweetdbt said:
Riu,

The average person can't get 10-15% in dollars anymore in any bank. I think that the only bank that ever came close is now out of business in the biggest banking fraud in the country.

I think you can get 2% and possibly plus monthly on pesos at a bank today or even the Central Bank. I get a bit better in Dollars but I work a little harder for it. I think about the most you can get in dollars that "I" know of is 12% on 100k US. Matter of fact you can do dollars, pounds, euros and even that funny looking Canadian stuff at 12%.

My suggestion is to bring US Dollars to the DR for the best exchange and invest in US Dollars. I can't see how this country that is in crap shape can continue to have the strongest currency in the world for TOO much longer. Only sense I can make out of it is VooDoo Economics which doesn't make sense at all.

Hope this helps and if you need info on where to get the returns I stated pm or email me.

Scott

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
Escott said:
The average person can't get 10-15% in dollars anymore in any bank. I think that the only bank that ever came close is now out of business in the biggest banking fraud in the country.

I think you can get 2% and possibly plus monthly on pesos at a bank today or even the Central Bank. I get a bit better in Dollars but I work a little harder for it. I think about the most you can get in dollars that "I" know of is 12% on 100k US. Matter of fact you can do dollars, pounds, euros and even that funny looking Canadian stuff at 12%.

My suggestion is to bring US Dollars to the DR for the best exchange and invest in US Dollars. I can't see how this country that is in crap shape can continue to have the strongest currency in the world for TOO much longer. Only sense I can make out of it is VooDoo Economics which doesn't make sense at all.

Hope this helps and if you need info on where to get the returns I stated pm or email me.

Scott

Scott, I pmed you for info.