It Seems Like The Peso Domincano

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
It was about a month ago. My immigration attorney was talking about it, but i wasn't paying close attention because I was just trying to find out why my permanent residency is taking so long.

I have not checked it out personally, but I do have a Ban Reservas account I seldom use. If it is 5% in dollars that is good (if you think it is safe). I got that rate for a few years in Puerto Rico (but those banks were FDIC insured - even though one of them failed after i got my money out)

I did check on the BanReservas web site but they don't post the CD rate but you could call or e-mail them

809 960 2121
809 200 2131
contacto@banreservas.com

Went to investigate this-the best you are going to do is a 60 month USD-CD and yields only about 2%+.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
That 10,000 number pertains more to the particular ATM.

Yes, the card has limits - daily ones - but the ATM dictates how much it will spit out at a time.

Sometimes you need 2 hits to get your 10 (5+5)....my experience anyway

That is true,,,when I withdraw it is usually $35K DOP so multiple hits are necessary..no problems there with Scotiabank; providing the currency limit is $10,000 DOP a hit.

Jan 9, 2004
interesting article in el caribe today about worrying price of a dollar:
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2018/05/...ion-por-inusual-aumento-de-la-tasa-del-dolar/

I think the DR peso is holding up reasonably well.

As US interest rates rise, the first currencies to get hit with declining value are the economically weaker emerging markets countries.

The currencies of Argentina, Brazil and Mexico have all come under downward valuation pressure against the dollar lately and will likely continue throughout 2018.

Expect the DR peso to continue to weaken on a slower trajectory than the aforementioned countries.........unless and until the Banco Central starts to raise interest rates in lockstep with US rate increases.....and if they do not raise rates.......50:1 Peso/Dollar this year is quite likely.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2