Jetblue is pulling out of Santo Domingo

riwiseuse

Feb 22, 2005
ricktoronto said:
If JB is really cheap someone could always pay for two seats and have twice the luggage allowance if that works out less per kilo than paying extra.

That isn't a bad idea. I wonder if you can do that on the up and up or if you need another theoretical passenger. They also have an air transit firm that will take extra bags but the lag time is such that you either have to drop it off 5 days early so it will arrive at the same time as you do or you have to wait the 5 days once you get there.

I don't believe I saw the price per bag quoted anywhere, be interested if anyone knows.

Also would be grateful to hear from anyone who can tell me they are more retentive about weight than size of bags. My duffle bag is about 47" long and although it is round rather than square when it is fully paced you might get 48" circumference so that that's more like 90". It is soft,a good deal lighter than 70lbs, and easy to handle but it is over size. I guess I could get another suitcase of some sort and stuff the kites in that but the duffle is perfect for this duty. Nobody batted an eye when I flew it around the states but...

Thanks, Brian

nycnights

Feb 24, 2005
The reason that the STI time changed is that your beloved American Airlines wants its monopoly on the Caribbean. True, if it wasn't for AA then there would be no service to the DR because AA helped build the airports. So that being said AA feels it has the right to push around the management of these airports and like the mafia that they are order them to change timeslots around. So what else can they do but agree. I've also heard from some of JetBlue's crewmembers that baggage was a big deal. Apparently in order to offer all the customers the "jetblue experience" charges were being waved for the excess baggage. Then the bags would travel on an AA flight which of course I'm sure wasn't cheap then delivered to the customers house free of charge. It sounds like a strange way of doing business but I guess that is why everyone loves them. So for all of you that enjoy AA, Better save up the money for the 700 one way flights. JetBlue was hot but i'm sure they lost ALOT of money on the SDQ flights due to the excessive and abusive baggage problem. On a side note for the next flight you take.. Leave the kitchen sink home trust me we have alot of them here in NY.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Jetblue

Good news for the kids ,supervisor called tonight and told me they would deliver my extra luggage from TAMPA to JFK then to STI and even booked my flights for me. ;)

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Nope, it doesn't. The departure taxes are prepaid in AA's tickets if you have been paying cash when you leave with Jet Blue there is a savings of $20 US or so.

The $20 departure tax from STI with JetBlue is included in the price of the ticket. The $10 entry tax is not.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
This is not true. Airports are privatized and airline schedules are submitted by the airline not the airport management. Jetblue does their own scheduling and if they want to arrive at 4 a.m is because the airplane is flying somewhere that produces more money that STI at earlier hours. Dominicans have a problem with baggage, thats the reason they left, cost were increasing due to the baggage problem. A320 are not the type of airplanes for the Dominican market, that was also the problem with USA 3000 and the newark flight.

nycnights said:
The reason that the STI time changed is that your beloved American Airlines wants its monopoly on the Caribbean. True, if it wasn't for AA then there would be no service to the DR because AA helped build the airports. So that being said AA feels it has the right to push around the management of these airports and like the mafia that they are order them to change timeslots around. So what else can they do but agree. I've also heard from some of JetBlue's crewmembers that baggage was a big deal. Apparently in order to offer all the customers the "jetblue experience" charges were being waved for the excess baggage. Then the bags would travel on an AA flight which of course I'm sure wasn't cheap then delivered to the customers house free of charge. It sounds like a strange way of doing business but I guess that is why everyone loves them. So for all of you that enjoy AA, Better save up the money for the 700 one way flights. JetBlue was hot but i'm sure they lost ALOT of money on the SDQ flights due to the excessive and abusive baggage problem. On a side note for the next flight you take.. Leave the kitchen sink home trust me we have alot of them here in NY.

Jun 5, 2004
Not True

nycnights said:

Jet Blue was having the baggage problem as always with DR. The reason why they changed their flight to another time was because that flight (to STI) was not doing so good. That flight for the summer is going to be put to anotehr destination. JetBlue was thinking of putting that morning flight to STI for the summer but they decided to put it for Aguadilla Puerto Rico. I guess that to that destination they were having better passanger flow. It has nothing to do with the airlines. Eventhough maybe AA does their thing under the table

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
apdomini100max said:
Jet Blue was having the baggage problem as always with DR. The reason why they changed their flight to another time was because that flight (to STI) was not doing so good. That flight for the summer is going to be put to anotehr destination. JetBlue was thinking of putting that morning flight to STI for the summer but they decided to put it for Aguadilla Puerto Rico. I guess that to that destination they were having better passanger flow. It has nothing to do with the airlines. Eventhough maybe AA does their thing under the table

As far as I know, the daytime flights to STI were always almost full, if not full. When I flew with them, both my flights were completely full...

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
canceling service from JFK to SDQ

I am dissapointed that Jet Blue is cancelling their route from JFK to SDQ. the planes are packed, not a seat avaliable! traveling at nite is great because you can savor every minute of the day! also a comment- my 4:20 a.m. flight was delayed 90 minutes due to weather conditions in NYC, and Jet Blue passed out blankets, pillows, soft drinks, chips, cookies, ect...which I thought was so nice, I never saw any other airline be so accomidating in an unpleasant situation!

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Customer service (class act).

la flor said:
I am dissapointed that Jet Blue is cancelling their route from JFK to SDQ. the planes are packed, not a seat avaliable! traveling at nite is great because you can savor every minute of the day! also a comment- my 4:20 a.m. flight was delayed 90 minutes due to weather conditions in NYC, and Jet Blue passed out blankets, pillows, soft drinks, chips, cookies, ect...which I thought was so nice, I never saw any other airline be so accomidating in an unpleasant situation!
it's nice to hear you had a good time with your daughter ;)

My sister was flying back to JFK from Tampa, when the plane arrived from JFK someone on the flight put a diaper down the toilet . held up the flight for two hours. The plane was one month old. When they boarded finally, the pilot announced they had eighteen bottles of champagne on board free to everyone for the delay AND gave them round-trip tickets to wherever JetBlue flies. ;)

They're letting me bring 2-3 extra luggage on my flight for the children in the orphanage and were happy that they can help for a good cause. ;)

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Very nice from Jet blue.

But most of the airlines when they have a dly due to mech or Airport customer services they will provide free drink's but they never will let you know.

So just ask if the drinks are free on board.

Jun 5, 2004
easygoin said:
it's nice to hear you had a good time with your daughter ;)

My sister was flying back to JFK from Tampa, when the plane arrived from JFK someone on the flight put a diaper down the toilet . held up the flight for two hours. The plane was one month old. When they boarded finally, the pilot announced they had eighteen bottles of champagne on board free to everyone for the delay AND gave them round-trip tickets to wherever JetBlue flies. ;)

They're letting me bring 2-3 extra luggage on my flight for the children in the orphanage and were happy that they can help for a good cause. ;)

Hope i was on that flight LOL Not like other airlines..............................

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
My sisters give THEM an A+

Talk to my sisters today and one said she looked at her records and said she has made the JFK, tampa ,JFK flight 21 times since may. Always on time if not early. My other sister has made the trip 5 times in the last six months, no problems, and my other sister that had the problem, which was not jetblue fault said she just lost count on flights just said they are great.

O by the way she said it was everything that they had on the plane, including all liquor and snacks. My one sister said why doesn't that ever happened to me. ;) ;)