JetBlue to Dominican Republic

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
jsizemore said:
Those flight times will work for those of us that have to drive six hours or so to the airport to begin our journey.
When should we find out if they have approval? When will the first tickets go on sale?
John

Those times also work for the people who are taking just a few days off work and want to take advantage of the full day they arrive and leave. I like to get in early and leave late!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Samana1 said:
I dont know how these new airlines totaly new in the DR will survive, Who will the Sales agent be, Delta Air Lines have requested Air Santo Domingo to be their GSA in the DR, and as JetbLue was talking with Air Santo Domingo about a possible take over dont know hat ASD will do they also have own flights on the same route, after a decision to continue flights to New York from Santo Domingo.

QUOTE]

believe me when I tell you that Jetblue's main interest will not be the people who currently live in the DR.

Ofr course they want the flight from DR to NY to be at capacity (which it will be). The amin focus is to provied an alternative for all the Dominican people who live NY and vicinity and to all those that want to visit the country.

Remember that if I go to DR from NY, I will need to return sooner or later. That is their main focus. People can thank Gov Pataki who pushed for this to happen. He has taken a great interest in the Dominican community.

As already stated, timetables are not the biggest issue right now. The good news is that you have an airline that you know will be around. I just truly hope that JBLU's main goal of great service and airfares stay that way.

Too bad there will be no DirectTV on the DR flights.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Let's hope HIS BALDNESS don't screw this up for us, espcially for the people from el Cibao. Now We'll have more choices to fly from JFK to STI...

wuepaaaaaaaa !!!! :cheeky:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
I hope it C medina,

But a airline can not survive if it is only one way good booked and the return not. JetBlue have his restrictions and everybody knows that.

Look to USA3000 Airlines that have tryed for some weeks EWR-SDQ and PHL-SDQ as to STI with around the same schedule their stopped immediately, OK Jetblue have a big name with a great service, remember the airline charge flights per SEATS, so return is also important.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I think given the current conditions here and the taxes charged to every ticket and the pricing structure currently used by jetblue this will be their first real tough market to overcome since their beginning. Unless they get subsidized from the Dominican Tourism Dept. like most of the other airlines wishing to start service into the D.R. except to the local carriers what they do is kick them up the butt.

Just my own personal thought.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Samana1 said:
I hope it C medina,

But a airline can not survive if it is only one way good booked and the return not. JetBlue have his restrictions and everybody knows that.

Look to USA3000 Airlines that have tryed for some weeks EWR-SDQ and PHL-SDQ as to STI with around the same schedule their stopped immediately, OK Jetblue have a big name with a great service, remember the airline charge flights per SEATS, so return is also important.

I hear you, but remember people buy roundtrip tickets...I live in the states. When I go to DR, I have to return. USA3000 tried it for a short while as you said. They applied for permission to fly to STI a while back, not sure what ever happened to that

tourjoy

Mar 13, 2004
Airline will share in DR tourist boom...

I think the DR is fast becoming a very hot tourist destination for the USA and Canada. I think the growth rate for the tourist industry will be spectacular, barring terrorist fears or economic problems in the US and Canada.
You have a beautiful country, Temperatures are perfect, beaches and gardens are inviting, services are improving in the resorts, and prices are reasonable.The airlines are interested in the DR because they know it has a bright future.

But until now fares have been too high compared to Puerto Rico, Bahamas,and some other location. Let's not overwhelm the carriers until the pricing hits $200-$300 round trip.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Especially ................

eli said:
I think given the current conditions here and the taxes charged to every ticket and the pricing structure currently used by jetblue this will be their first real tough market to overcome since their beginning.

Especially since the big airlines AA and CO and US etc., have and will reprice to match Jet Blue in terms of fares, rebooking fees, etc. So JB won't have a pricing advantage to the degree they will steal market share, the larger carriers just do the same thing. This is quite true in all sorts of markets where JB has a foothold. And with limited flights it's pretty hard to steal market share anyway.

But rock bottom pricing is what killed Aeromar, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out, and frankly it is good news for those who fly on AA, CO from NYC since you don't have to switch to JB to get the benefits of the fares and reduced fees.

The worst part for me is that I cannot fly YYZ to JFK directly (I pre clear US INS in Toronto so the flights are all to La Guardia) and as such it is hard to take advantage of the competition in that market. So I continue to connect in MIA.

Of course it is only planned and subject to the approval of two countries so maybe it goes, maybe it don't.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
JetBlue . . . Fares Starting from $119 Each Way

1034.jpg

Selling New Dominican Republic Service at Fares Starting from $119 Each Way

Low-Fare Carrier Selects JFK's Terminal 4 for Incoming Flights from Santiago and Santo Domingo

NEW YORK, March 29, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- JetBlue Airways, New York's low-fare carrier, has received authority from the U.S. Department of Transportation to serve the Dominican Republic. Upon completion of the application process by the government of the Dominican Republic, JetBlue plans to launch twice daily service from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to Santiago, starting June 10, 2004, and a daily flight to Santo Domingo, starting June 17, 2004. (See note 1.) . . .

<font size=1>- snip -</font>

JetBlue Airways
Gareth Edmondson-Jones
gareth.edmondson-jones@jetblue.com

Todd Burke
todd.burke@jetblue.com
(718) 709-3089

<font size=1>? 2003 PrimeZone Media Network, Inc.</font>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . CES
:alien:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
B6

JetBlue got aproval from Dominican Gov today 3th of April 2004

JetBlue have now all certificates to fly in to the Dominican Republic and lets we hope what they will bring on this market.