JetBlue to El Catey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bill...I can't locate where it is stated on the JetBlue site. All I located was the Nov 14th start date. Can you point me to the URL so I can pass it along to others outside of DR1? Thanks!

I got it from the smarter travel website.... I e-mailed it to you = fowarded the e-mail.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Trip was uneventful.
Mainly Dominicans on the flight, which is good news, I think.
Those that I talked to liked the price - about $400 R/T

ON check-in (on-line) you are asked if you want a fast security line - $10.
I paid it but never saw any express lane..... scammed.

JetBlue has premium seats - rows 1 thru 6 - they cost extra for legroom but they board first.
That is more worthwhile.

The Samana airport is the best in the country

Feliz Navidad

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Is this still only 2x week schedule and only from JFK?
Was the flight full?

Trip was uneventful.
Mainly Dominicans on the flight, which is good news, I think.
Those that I talked to liked the price - about $400 R/T

ON check-in (on-line) you are asked if you want a fast security line - $10.
I paid it but never saw any express lane..... scammed.

JetBlue has premium seats - rows 1 thru 6 - they cost extra for legroom but they board first.
That is more worthwhile.

The Samana airport is the best in the country

Feliz Navidad

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wed's and Sat's only.... practically full, just a few empty seats.
But this is year round, not seasonal

Nobody questioned my one way ticket.

I checked in on-line w/ a Cdn passport in a US airport.... never been able to do that w/ CO/UAL in Newark.
They always need to manually give me a boarding pass.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
July one way JFK - AZS is $360.....way up from prior pricing

Return POP - YYZ was $360 on Air Canada
WestJet wanted $650 -- 1 way !!!

I am used to paying less than $450 from NYC and about $500/550 from Toronto for R/T:dead:

Very costly...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
July one way JFK - AZS is $360.....way up from prior pricing

Return POP - YYZ was $360 on Air Canada
WestJet wanted $650 -- 1 way !!!

I am used to paying less than $450 from NYC and about $500/550 from Toronto for R/T:dead:

Very costly...

This is what I have been telling you all along flying into Azs is expensive unless it is low low season. My friend just paid 700 RT from nyc in august.
Gonna have to fly into sdq again :(

NYFundingHouse

Jun 9, 2013
Las Terrenas & Samana are coming a high end travel destination. Look at the price of rent for a house or condo.
Coson has one of the best hotels in the world, The Peninsula House. Look at the projects being built and the price to buy.
Six Senses de Coson, Viva Residence, Colinas De Coson, Los Nomadas Project. The toll to drive from El Catey to Las Terrenas is 481 pesos now (Each Way). Most people on this board do not pay that much for their meal tonight. The price for power in Las Terrenas is 20 pesos a kilowatt hour....Yes I said 20 pesos. Las Terrenas no longer a quiet fisherman's village.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you can be flexible, look at the prices thru a couple of weeks and watch for the sales.

My JB was purchased 4-5 weeks in advance, on a sale.
My friend tried to get on the same flight - $400+.......... until the next came around it went under $400... $390.

Mine was $390 including the upgrade seat.

BTW, he got a real deal--- $501 from the Vineyard to el Catey (1 way)... saved hundreds on parking

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Those are one way, I find that expensive !

Unfortunately, me and my friends don't have that flexibility because we have young children in school :(
But I agree that buying way in advance would yield much better prices. About two weeks ago JetBlue had a sale for 199 one way by the time I tried to book within an hour, the sales prices were gone ( I even contacted customer service about it; their answers were it s only a limited numbers of seats). Costa Rica, Mexico are starting to look more and more attractive.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Those are one way, I find that expensive !

Unfortunately, me and my friends don't have that flexibility because we have young children in school :(
But I agree that buying way in advance would yield much better prices. About two weeks ago JetBlue had a sale for 199 one way by the time I tried to book within an hour, the sales prices were gone ( I even contacted customer service about it; their answers were it s only a limited numbers of seats). Costa Rica, Mexico are starting to look more and more attractive.

No, actually, I think that there is some sort of cosmic rule about someone who has 3000 posts on DR1 just deciding to go to Mexico or Costa Rica. You are NOT ALLOWED to abadon us after 2000 posts.

*oh, you did not read the fine print again, eh?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
No, actually, I think that there is some sort of cosmic rule about someone who has 3000 posts on DR1 just deciding to go to Mexico or Costa Rica. You are NOT ALLOWED to abadon us after 2000 posts.

*oh, you did not read the fine print again, eh?

I have a friend from NYC who just bought her ticket for 2 weeks in August and 2 more friends flying from Paris. They'd be ****ed off I'd go anywhere else since they are coming to see me, lol :)
I am stuck !
May be next time ;)